Home

Comparison shots

This is a discussion on Comparison shots within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 12:50 PM   #73
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Comparison shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Never blame yourself for anything. How can some people blame themselves when what they perceive they don't consider as bad. Now there are those of us who perceive what they perceive and we have a different judgment but telling people to blame themselves when they trust their perception and evaluated that perception positively makes no sense. In the end even if all the members of this site did not purchase madden, the game will still sell 2 mil + And that's the reality. So the attempt to individually point out people here is really not going to change a thing. Tell the 2 mil + casual gamers that go bonkers when they simply see the graphics. Preach this to them. The few thousand here won't make that big a difference and they are not the reason for anything.

I'm convinced that we can reach the masses. We are'nt the ppl these corporations are tryna reach but we certainly are the ones who's voices can be heard. Heck, if it was'nt for the message boards, none of these games would look how they look today.(exception to Madden of course) Sliders would'nt exsist. Fixes would never be made. Little nuiances would'nt be there. We give these companies ideas and most of these companies listen. We are the true blue fans, the ones that are responsible for the changes that have occured throughout the years in any given title. Only thing is, that EA is probably the only company that does'nt trully take they're hardcore fanbase into consideration. I'm sure they hear us bitch and complain but it cost them money they are'nt willing to spend to make the changes that the hardcore gamers demand. Instead they neglect us and we still give them our money. How fair is that?
Old 11-16-2005, 12:58 PM   #74
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Boo Hoo EA Lied again, I bet half of you guys lie everyday too......lol..Man I'm really not a big EA supportor anyway, but I'm a huge football fan, So Madden is my only choice, but even though it's the only choice I still think the game looks really good, I never once thought that this game was going to look like that CGI tv spot anywho...So I happy on what Madden 360 looks this year, Next year I want more for sure, and for the guy's complaing about this and that, hey don't buy and just move on...Probolem solved
Yeah that's a great way to solve a problem, have all dissenters leave. That's beautiful.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 11-16-2005, 01:03 PM   #75
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Yeah that's a great way to solve a problem, have all dissenters leave. That's beautiful.
it is right
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2005, 01:05 PM   #76
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I'm convinced that we can reach the masses. We are'nt the ppl these corporations are tryna reach but we certainly are the ones who's voices can be heard. Heck, if it was'nt for the message boards, none of these games would look how they look today.(exception to Madden of course) Sliders would'nt exsist. Fixes would never be made. Little nuiances would'nt be there. We give these companies ideas and most of these companies listen. We are the true blue fans, the ones that are responsible for the changes that have occured throughout the years in any given title. Only thing is, that EA is probably the only company that does'nt trully take they're hardcore fanbase into consideration. I'm sure they hear us bitch and complain but it cost them money they are'nt willing to spend to make the changes that the hardcore gamers demand. Instead they neglect us and we still give them our money. How fair is that?
It is not fair, but there is not much we can do about it. Like you have stated, EA will not care until it affects their profits. This game will have to be Triple Play and NBA Live bad before they totally build from the ground up. And even then, with no competition, they can put out a bad game for years to come.

All that being said, I am one of those gamers who will buy Madden even though it is inferiour to a game that was produced last year by another company. Why you ask? Because as good (if not great) as NFL 2k5 is, I am bored with it. I will still play it here and there, but I rather give Madden a try again. Hopefully, with some time away from the series, it will feel new to me. Unfortunately, I am not sure how long that will last.

Now back to the topic of this thread. Although EA did not meet the expectations they put on themselves, Madden 360 looks pretty damn good IMO. It will probably be the same old car with a new coat of paint, but lets give it a try first before assuming things from videos and reviews from the clueless IGN staff.

Help us 2K sports, you are our only hope
Old 11-16-2005, 01:07 PM   #77
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
it is right

If you're a real football fan there is no way you can look at Madden and think what you're gonna play is real football. It looks pretty but the majority of video games all do. Nothing like hooking up with a beautiful chick with a rotten stink box.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:08 PM   #78
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

Those that say wait till next year are in for a big surprise, i hate to tell ya. Lets consider this: They got their "dev" kits roughly going on 7 months ago. They had been wokring on this title, EA says, for nearly 2 years. Granted, these were small teams working on it, but 2 years of work they said. The next madden will drop in august 2006, so that gives them from december to july to rework everything. So, thats 7 months of work they have, not including vacation, etc. Do you really think if it took them 2 years to put out this product, that they will be able to rework all that we see wrong with this title, redo all the models so they have correct physics and higher resolution in 7 months? No way. What we will see next year is madden back in the booth, some refs on the field, a mini camp thing back, and all the things that were in current gen. But, we will not see anything new as far as gameplay, theres just not enough time nor the need to, as far as EA sees it. They are the only game in town. The engine is set, they wont touch it, and it is not easy to do so. So, feast your eyes on next gen madden fellas, cause its here, and this is how its gonna stay til 2010.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Only thing is, that EA is probably the only company that does'nt trully take they're hardcore fanbase into consideration. I'm sure they hear us bitch and complain but it cost them money they are'nt willing to spend to make the changes that the hardcore gamers demand. Instead they neglect us and we still give them our money. How fair is that?
I wouldn't go that far. Hell they have people that roam madden boards and some even post. They have a community leaders program. They treat their hardcore fans nicely. Now if you had worded it like this: They probably do not take the considerations and wishes of their fanbase into consideration, then, I'd still probably say that's questionable. Here is why. I've been to alot of madden boards and looked at the wishlists and most of the wishlist do not focus on the stuff we are talking about here.

But back to the issue. I look at these wishlist and I see Tiburon putting in the things people are asking for and addressing the biggest complaints. People are asking for mini camps, practice squads, Injured Reserve all kind of franchise enhancements. Here is the punchline: I see very little game play suggestions Not that many complaints about the linebacker play being frustrating due to the suction blocking and then telling them they need to improve linebacker play. Not many complaints about the Dlinemen just giving the Olinemen their chest and not playing with leverage. Now recently that has changed but previously, you might get gang tackling mentioned and they thought they did that But no one connects things together. All they say is, Improve this area and then Tiburon comes up with an idea that seems to improve that area, but no one makes the connection that the reason why that area is the way it is is because this other area over here is like this.

See it goes in cycles. Back when Madden 2001 came out on PS2 all people moaned and complained about was DB A.I and Robo QB. Not much complaining about the pass rush; not much complaining about the animations therefore they did not address it They will deal with the complaints. That's why you had the cone this year because they wanted to address a complaint. The problem is, certain complaints are not mentioned enough therefore they do not get addressed
Old 11-16-2005, 01:16 PM   #80
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
it is right

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »