Home

Ratings of the top 50 players and several new screens

This is a discussion on Ratings of the top 50 players and several new screens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Ratings of the top 50 players and several new screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondudez
yea cause it takes so much skill to catch a football right between the numbers with no one around you
speed, eye coordination.... seriously if it was that easy, why arent we all WR's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2005, 07:39 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaSnake16
So totally agree with this, Ogden has been on the slide for the past 3 years, his ratings should be lower than Pace and Jones yet reputation will continue to get you props and pro bowl appearances, just ask Larry Allen.
One question. Besides Freeney, who else has Ogden struggled with? Nobody. But has he slipped? Yes. I'd even say Walter Jones is the best, but Ogden should still be up there.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:45 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
One question. Besides Freeney, who else has Ogden struggled with? Nobody. But has he slipped? Yes. I'd even say Walter Jones is the best, but Ogden should still be up there.
Of course he should. But personally, I knocked him down to a 97 overall, which I think is tied with Orlando Pace. I don't think I'm too off base in saying that he's a 97 overall.
MLB: Chicago White Sox
NCAA: Florida State Seminoles

Old 11-16-2005, 08:23 PM   #28
Meatball

OVR:

Al Wilson and Takeo Spikes better than Brian Urlacher????????????????????

HAHA.......I laugh.

Old 11-16-2005, 08:53 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Of course he should. But personally, I knocked him down to a 97 overall, which I think is tied with Orlando Pace. I don't think I'm too off base in saying that he's a 97 overall.

Ohh yeah 97 is ok, although I think they rate these players too high. I mean the issue is when you play franchise for instance, if a guy is already rated 99 he has nowhere to go but down.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:23 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
oh, he is certainly still up there. but after that game, you have to put pace above him

as for the dude who thinks Madden would rate an undrafted rookie punter in the 80s, you are kidding yourself.

there are an awful lot of guys rated very high. 50 guys (at least) rated 96 or better. i think the problem is that it's all physicall ratings for the most part. this casues fast, yet unrefined guys to get hosed on speed and agility because Tiburon has no other means to make them inferior to the elite players. it also causes all the top rated guys to have very little play style difference because they have to put physical stats (strength, speed, etc.) through the roof to compensate for a lack of skill ratings like coverage, pass rush moves, etc.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:48 AM   #31
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Good to see Bulluck make the list, kinda figured they would forget about him. I can't say that Donovan McNabb is even a top 5 QB, but whatever. Craig Hentrich is also an excellent punter that should be rated right up there with the best. Steve McNair is no way the player he was a couple of years ago, but he is my QB until he retires. He is my favorite player and I am greatly looking forward to seeing him in the game.

I think Tom Brady is the best QB in football with Peyton Manning about to pass him by. I might rate Manning higher in the game because of skill, but with 2 minutes left to play, I would rather have Brady.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2005, 07:41 AM   #32
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
Al Wilson and Takeo Spikes better than Brian Urlacher????????????????????

HAHA.......I laugh.
Al Wilson is a monster and much better than Urlacher. There are a bunch of linebackers better than Urlacher...get over your Bears' homerism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »