Home

real for the sake of real

This is a discussion on real for the sake of real within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: real for the sake of real

Whew this thread will turn out to be a 2k v. Madden war AGAIN I already see it.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:27 AM   #10
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I would personally like inadvertent wistles, botched snaps and non-game injuries.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 11-16-2005, 10:30 AM   #11
Why Not?

cbgatorade0202's Arena

OVR: 17

Some of you people care about video games way to much, Rent a game, If you like it buy it ,If you dont , well then dont buy it. That easy.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:36 AM   #12
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Whew this thread will turn out to be a 2k v. Madden war AGAIN I already see it.

Only if you make it out to be one. All I'm doing is pointing out that Grandvisor clearly does'nt know what he's talking about. He says some things dont translate well in video games. Well, there has been a game that had challenges translate very well. He must have never played it so he does'nt know. Then he goes on to say that ppl will complain about non-football injuries when this has been done before as well. I think it needs to be brung to his attention that these features have been done and he needs to at the very least try out the competition before he dismisses them and says they wont work. Obviously, he has never tried anything besides Madden so his argument is pretty invalid if you ask me.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:47 AM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandVizier
Ther are people complaining about no challenges in this game. The big argument i keep reading is that people want it because it's in the NFL, so it has to be in the video game. Some things just don't translate to the digital game. real for the sake of real isn't always the best choice.
But most things do translate. I can't imagine why EA is not able to get it right, or get it in period in this case. The other game did it pretty well.

Quote:
do you want inadvertant whistles and non-football injuries too? I could see the topics everywhere complaining about how it's BS cause your starting QB is missing 4 games from throwing out his back raking leaves (or tripping over the dog - Jake Plummer) or how you got "cheesed" online because an inadvertant whistle kept you from returning a pick for a td.
I wouldn't mind an inadvertant whistle every once in a while. They negate plays just like penalties do. I wouldn't be any more upset if a touchdown was called back because of an inadvertant whisle than I would if one was called back because of pass interference.

And 2k had non-football injuries as someone mentioned. Personally, I'm more concerned with things that happen on the field. But an ocassional off-the-field injury wouldn't bother me.

Quote:
I know, you're lineman can blow a block because he thought it was a different play. Maybe your headset can have technical difficulty and you can't get the play and have to burn a timeout. here's a good one: on a critical 3rd down your best RB is on the sideline because his shoe came off the last play or his chin strap is broken.
All of those sound good to me. As long as I can call a timeout to give my guy time to address his equipment issue, I'm all for it.

Quote:
I think you get the point. not everything needs to be implemented. gameplay is far more important than this Mickey Mouse crap.
I get your point, but I disagree. I'm all for realism as long as it is related to things on the field. I'd prefer the game to be "too real" than not real enough. Developers can always give the option to turn things off.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:49 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
BTW, in some NFL 2K there are non-football injuries such as catching the flu or food poisoning that make you doubtfull for an upcoming game. Once again, I can tell you have never experienced such menial but true to life features in a football game.
Don't forget the dreaded migrane that could put a player out for a few weeks or longer.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:50 AM   #15
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbgatorade0202
Some of you people care about video games way to much, Rent a game, If you like it buy it ,If you dont , well then dont buy it. That easy.
And some care about what others care about way too much. Which is worse?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:55 AM   #16
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I take it Grandvisor that you've never played NFL 2K games. Only ppl who seem to think that challenges are a waste and always go the cpus way must have never played the competition. 2K has superb challenge system and it was as random and tense as a real lifes situations. I understand that Madden's challenge system was always subpar but the systems mediocrity should have nothing to do with it not being in a NFL football game. You can come up with all the excuses in the world for it not being "important" as you say but if you spent one time with the comp and saw how it was really sopposed to be done, you'd be singing a diffrent tune right now.
"Random" is definitely the operative word with the 2k challenge system. In my experience the ruling by the cpu official would as often as not have little or nothing to do with what the replay showed, i.e. you would see a reciever get only one foot down in the ez, and the challenge result would be a td. Talk about frustrating.

Far better to just have the cpu get the calls right and be done with it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »