Home

Official Madden NFL 06 XBox 360 Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Official Madden NFL 06 XBox 360 Impressions Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2005, 06:05 PM   #57
No end in sight...

OVR: 20
Re: Official Madden NFL 06 XBox 360 Impressions Thread

played it tonight for about an hour...

bottom line - you like madden, you will like madden 2k6

if you dont, then go get another game.

that simple
Old 11-17-2005, 06:18 PM   #58
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
And here lies the problem. Hardcore Madden backers find the game to be amazing. Those that are the hardcore 2K5 backers find the game to be so-so. I'm sure this song and dance will continue for a long time.

As always, I take posters reviews with a grain of salt. Don't get me wrong, they're GREAT to have and I enjoy reading them, but who knows who has an agenda and who doesn't? In the end, it's really all about how I feel about the game when I get a chance to play it.

amen brother...
Old 11-17-2005, 07:05 PM   #59
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kondo
when did you preorder your 360? hope it was before may 23rd.
It was actually after, like in July (so I was in the second wave). I know a guy, however, that works at Gamestop, and anytime someone canceled their preoder, he moved me up a spot, and I found out today that I have made it into the first wave, and will be guaranteed a 360 Monday at midnight...

Old 11-17-2005, 07:08 PM   #60
Bat
what

Bat's Arena

OVR: 22

IS THE GAME TOO EASY? Or does it offer a challenge against the computer? - Thanks
Old 11-17-2005, 07:16 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

One of the biggest problems i have with Madden is the tackling animations. Among other things, that pull-down-from-behind animation vexes me grievously. Mostly because it happens almost every down. Drives me crazy.

So my question is this: has anything been done with this in the 360 version? This will determine whether or not i buy the game. I got room for one more 360 game and i'm considering this one, much as i hate Madden (i love football more).

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2005, 08:15 PM   #62
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
And here lies the problem. Hardcore Madden backers find the game to be amazing. Those that are the hardcore 2K5 backers find the game to be so-so. I'm sure this song and dance will continue for a long time.

As always, I take posters reviews with a grain of salt. Don't get me wrong, they're GREAT to have and I enjoy reading them, but who knows who has an agenda and who doesn't? In the end, it's really all about how I feel about the game when I get a chance to play it.
Amen Joeboo. I couldn't say it any better. By the way Joeboo, do you need a refill? quote from Major League. I am sure you have heard it before.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:47 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasmike
Amen Joeboo. I couldn't say it any better. By the way Joeboo, do you need a refill? quote from Major League. I am sure you have heard it before.
I can always use a refill!!

Old 11-17-2005, 08:57 PM   #64
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Haven't seen the game myself...but my best friend works at Gamestop, and he is the hardest of hardcore Madden Haters/2k lovers.

He called me at 09:00 this morning foaming at the mouth about how nice Madden is. He's been saying he wasn't impressed at all by the media up to this point, but he said that the actual game is off the chain. He said that as a 2K guy, there are certain shortcomings he noticed (he specifically mentioned the tackling) but overall he was blown away.

I can't convey over the net the utter disdain this guy has for Madden, so coming from him I'm impressed. He told me this is a must buy, even for us 2k'ers. Its funny, because just a month ago, I was trying to convince him that as much as we hate Madden, we'll eventually have to make the switch...and he said he was determined to roll with 2k5 for the next 5 years. What a difference a month makes...

I'm going up there tommorrow, more details then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »