Home

Got a call from Gamestop today.....

This is a discussion on Got a call from Gamestop today..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #9
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Got a call from Gamestop today.....

Also, let me state the obvious. With every single system launch there have been limited quantities. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all do this on purpose to build the hype to the point of hysteria. 360's are going to be the hottest thing in town for the next month and a half and don't think its just a coincidence that it coinsides with Christmas. Everyone that really wants a 360 will get one at least by Christmas. They have limited quantities on purpose to make everyone feel that they have to have it and have to buy it when they have that golden opportunity. Once launch day is over and the hype is at a boiling point, there will be more 360's than we know what to do with. It was like that with PlayStation, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, XBOX, Game Cube and will be with 360.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 11-17-2005, 11:39 AM   #10
Meatball

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Also, let me state the obvious. With every single system launch there have been limited quantities. Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo all do this on purpose to build the hype to the point of hysteria. 360's are going to be the hottest thing in town for the next month and a half and don't think its just a coincidence that it coinsides with Christmas. Everyone that really wants a 360 will get one at least by Christmas. They have limited quantities on purpose to make everyone feel that they have to have it and have to buy it when they have that golden opportunity. Once launch day is over and the hype is at a boiling point, there will be more 360's than we know what to do with. It was like that with PlayStation, Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, XBOX, Game Cube and will be with 360.
Dude I hope your right.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:48 AM   #11
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

That's the way its always been, so unless something happens, I would expect nothing different. I worked for GameStop/Babbage's for years off and on and I worked on the launches for Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, XBOX and Game Cube. There were massive shortages for every one of these systems and we had to tell people that we weren't sure how many we would be getting and this and that. (Basically the same thing your hearing about 360). Then came Christmas and parents were buying PS2's and XBOX's without reservations.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-17-2005, 02:08 PM   #12
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Sams Club, Cost Co and BJ Wholesale are the places. The store I am going to is getting 25 units, others have been heard to be getting 30 or 40!
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 11-17-2005, 02:13 PM   #13
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

There's plenty of discussion about 360 availability in the everything else forum. This thread veared away from Madden very quickly. Locking.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »