Home

Next Level Gaming Review

This is a discussion on Next Level Gaming Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2005, 07:26 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Next Level Gaming Review

That picture looks like a Todd McFarline figurine set or drawing. Is that what they are looking for to make it look "rugged"?
As far as the features, they will put them back in a little at a time so that way you think they are giving you something new and great. I agree, the gameplay and presentation are the #1 most important things in games, particularly sports games, and having Madden and Michaels out of the booth is a HUGE step in the right direction. But if back in August "regular" Madden was getting 82's for reviews, everyone would be wetting themselves with anger. But because it is a stripped down version in a pretty new package, that is okay. What else you going to do, go buy the other NFL game?! Oh wait.
I did not come here to bash the game, with steps like new announcers, I feel they are in the right direction. But EA has to do a bit more than wait for the hardware to upgrade their games before I check out their football game.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:32 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
But if back in August "regular" Madden was getting 82's for reviews, everyone would be wetting themselves with anger. But because it is a stripped down version in a pretty new package, that is okay.
Yes and this new 360 version is getting about the same scores as the "regular" madden because as the reviewer (and other reviews) has said, the gameplay, graphics, sound and presentation are major upgrades while the game modes being removed is a downgrade so it should be rated about the same as the "regular" madden since they did some things better than some things worse.

As for EA stripping stuff out, while I don't like it, i've been through enough launches of new hardware (I'm an Atari 2600 guy) to know that it's pretty standard that the games at launch are often rushed and because of that things don't get in that were in previous games, although from what I understand EA's doing a bit more "cutting" than other companies in this regard. I'm sure EA could have held Madden off of the 360 until next year and had alot of these game options that were removed but I know me personally, i'd much rather get a next-gen game with great graphics, sound and gameplay and add the extras back in later as opposed to having no Madden on the 360 this year.

The era of a system launching with 2 games doesn't cut it. With all that being said the only game from EA Sports i'm buying because of this is Madden, the other games I'm buying are from Take Two (NHL2K6 and NBA2K6).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 11-18-2005, 07:38 PM   #19
Pro

OVR: 5

ODogg, I like what you had to say, and the way you said it. Enjoy yourself man, I wish I had the funds and or the spare time to get this new batch of systems as I too am an Atari 2600 guy. But with a life and a new baby, I will be lucky to be one year behind, but realistically 2 or never.
Old 11-18-2005, 07:44 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
ODogg, I like what you had to say, and the way you said it. Enjoy yourself man, I wish I had the funds and or the spare time to get this new batch of systems as I too am an Atari 2600 guy. But with a life and a new baby, I will be lucky to be one year behind, but realistically 2 or never.
Thanks man, yeah I've been abstaining from buying games for a good while now to get the $$$ to buy the 360. We sure have come a long way from Atari Realsports Football (which to me was the pinnacle when I was 13 or 14 back in 83) haven't we???

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 11-18-2005, 10:43 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Michael_Mullis,

Can you confirm that editing players is not available in the game? By editing, I am referring to changing accessories, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2005, 11:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can confirm that. You can not edit a player, or create one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »