Home

Too Much Negativity.

This is a discussion on Too Much Negativity. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:19 PM   #17
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Too Much Negativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I've said for months that EA paid millions of dollars for this scrutiny, and if they didn't address certain key aspects, there would be hell to pay in the e-community. Simple fact: the competition did some things better. The competition revolutionized some aspects of videogame football. The competition has introduced us to, and more importantly, SPOILED us with some of their innovations.

Yet...

Electronic Arts decided that the best strategy to combat this surging competitor was not to copy their innovations, and to raise the bar on their own product, but simply to buy out that competitor.

Soooooo,

If EA expected that the competitors ardent fanbase would simply forget those innovations, quietly accept the absensce of certain features that represent the natural progression of videogame football, and just try to be happy with gameplay that is some opinioins (not mine, I haven't played it yet, and my buddy said its sweet, so I'm optimistic) a regression in many areas, then EA was mistaken.

Yeah, its gotta' be tough to hear all this pissing and moaning if you are someone who HAS accepted these failures, but again, blame EA. They made sure we had no other game to purchase and enjoy. Since we now have no other next-gen football options, we have every right to discuss these shortcomings in the ONE damn game available, in the hopes that someone of importance is listening, and may decide to address them.

I'd prolly recommend you stick with Madden fan sites for a while, 'cuz its gonna be brutal anywhere else.
Exactly,if EA is gonna eliminate the competition,then EA should deliver a game that blows (no homo) everybody away,sadly Ea just ported the Xbox version.I would buy Madden if you could look at other peoples online games while in progress instead of just seeing the score and the quarter,I'm hoping EA adds that next year,but I doubt.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:26 PM   #18
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
It's not the critics that drag this game down. It's the lazy developers that do.
some of you guys have to understand, These are these companys first try at nextgen gaming, so you guy's don't know what it takes to make a game and make a game in maybe not much time for that new console, so guys can sit there and say "They didn't do this or that. or they forgot this" all I have to say is, Let it go, nobody said you have to buy the 360 at launch or buy Madden at launch, or buy a game you don't like for that matter, or the 360 period. I will not listen to anybody or any reviewer and make jundgement that way, I will play myself and then judge.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 11-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 21

From what I understand, EA/Tiburon is releasing a football game with only one playable camera angle. That in itself should open them up for criticism. But the truth of the matter is, the list of things to complain about is longer than ever this year, or at least it seems. It's not like people are complaining about incorrect sock colors or something like that. They are complaining about things that should have been addressed years ago, and now there is no guarantee Tiburon will ever make those changes. Think about it...where do they start next year? With Owner Mode, and getting back to setting ticket prices? Or do they throw a bunch of money at the other things. Having paid so much for the NFL license, there's only so much $$$$ to go around.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:45 PM   #20
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I've said for months that EA paid millions of dollars for this scrutiny, and if they didn't address certain key aspects, there would be hell to pay in the e-community. Simple fact: the competition did some things better. The competition revolutionized some aspects of videogame football. The competition has introduced us to, and more importantly, SPOILED us with some of their innovations.

Yet...

Electronic Arts decided that the best strategy to combat this surging competitor was not to copy their innovations, and to raise the bar on their own product, but simply to buy out that competitor.

Soooooo,

If EA expected that the competitors ardent fanbase would simply forget those innovations, quietly accept the absensce of certain features that represent the natural progression of videogame football, and just try to be happy with gameplay that is some opinioins (not mine, I haven't played it yet, and my buddy said its sweet, so I'm optimistic) a regression in many areas, then EA was mistaken.

Yeah, its gotta' be tough to hear all this pissing and moaning if you are someone who HAS accepted these failures, but again, blame EA. They made sure we had no other game to purchase and enjoy. Since we now have no other next-gen football options, we have every right to discuss these shortcomings in the ONE damn game available, in the hopes that someone of importance is listening, and may decide to address them.

I'd prolly recommend you stick with Madden fan sites for a while, 'cuz its gonna be brutal anywhere else.

good post. that's pretty much how i feel.

and if they don't want people complaining about their graphics, perhaps they should develop player models that resemble human beings.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:45 PM   #21
MVP

I don't see a problem with criticism when it is due. Lets face it, EA is releasing Madden 2001 on the XBOX360 with great graphics. Oh, and they are chargings $60. This is after a year of building up this game as if it was the second coming of christ.

I am shocked that people are still surprised when EA leaves out features, takes out features, or puts out a game that has the same bugs 4 years in a row. I think gamers, especially the ones here are just getting smarter and don't exactly fall for the same lines of BS every year. There are only so many times you can say "we didn't have time to add this feature but check out create-a-fan". When you buy the exclusive license to a sport that everyone plays video games on, customers will demand solid efforts.

But in the end, the customers always determine if a company will do well or fail with their tactics. EA lost millions this year if you've seen the articles, which is a sign that they aren't doing things right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2005, 04:53 PM   #22
MVP

reverend_heat's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
sadly Ea just ported the Xbox version
if this was such a simple port, why wouldn't the extra features be included?
Old 11-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak33
Nobody wants anything more than a great football game, no matter who its from. If someone isn't using their development time and money wisely, I think we should have a right to complain about it. Especially if it has happened year after year. Luckily, the ones that choose not to buy these games lead the developers to realize that they need to change their ways. Madden is a fun game, but it has become boring to me in the past few years since the problems have not been fixed. I have not played the 360 version, but I am excited to play it to see if I can enjoy it once again.
Good point, but how do they know how many people didn't buy their game? I think it'd be kinda tough to judge who didn't buy their game since it's out on a new console and there's no competition. Now NBA Live on the other hand....
Old 11-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #24
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

Because EA spent so much time fine tunning the stadiums and player models,but in my eye's, which are the only one's that matter to me Madden 360 is just a port.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »