Home

Too Much Negativity.

This is a discussion on Too Much Negativity. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 05:12 PM   #25
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Too Much Negativity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
HMcCoy, honestly, is that fair to those that just like madden for the way it is..
Like I said:
Quote:
"Yeah, its gotta' be tough to hear all this pissing and moaning if you are someone who HAS accepted these failures...I'd prolly recommend you stick with Madden fan sites for a while, 'cuz its gonna be brutal anywhere else."
Everything guys are bringing up are legit beefs..so the best thing to do is:

A. Stay off the net and enjoy your game. Thats not meant to be snide either...I stayed out of the Choops 05 forum completely last year, and it was great not knowing about any flaws without noticing them myself firsthand.

B. Only go to sites where you can have a reasonable expectation to find others who think like you do. Madden fans have obviously accepted certain issues with it...and God bless em' (I may be one of those guys soon also). I would recommend (with zero sarcasm) that anyone who only wants to read rosy opinions seek sites/posters who are predisposed to Madden love vs. Madden hate. May not be all that objective, but then again, objectivity may not be what you're looking for...

C. Swallow hard and jump into the fray...there are probably as many things that this game will do right as there are things it does wrong, so strap on your helmet and get ready to point those positives out, taking all of the bitching with a grain of salt.

Last edited by HMcCoy; 11-19-2005 at 05:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2005, 05:15 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone0381
Now NBA Live on the other hand....
live sells great no matter what. im only going by amazon.com sales figures... the games not even out yet so.... buts its preselling like crazy
Old 11-19-2005, 05:43 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
live sells great no matter what. im only going by amazon.com sales figures... the games not even out yet so.... buts its preselling like crazy
Ahh I didn't know it was selling so well. But at least EA would be able to get somewhat of a measure on people buying NBA 2K6, and try to find a way to capture that audience. Madden is the only show in town, so it'd be tough to see what people aren't buying the game. I'm debating on whether or not to skip this first wave of basketball titles altogether, depending on how that Live 360 demo plays.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:50 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMcCoy
I've said for months that EA paid millions of dollars for this scrutiny, and if they didn't address certain key aspects, there would be hell to pay in the e-community. Simple fact: the competition did some things better. The competition revolutionized some aspects of videogame football. The competition has introduced us to, and more importantly, SPOILED us with some of their innovations.

Yet...

Electronic Arts decided that the best strategy to combat this surging competitor was not to copy their innovations, and to raise the bar on their own product, but simply to buy out that competitor.

Soooooo,

If EA expected that the competitors ardent fanbase would simply forget those innovations, quietly accept the absensce of certain features that represent the natural progression of videogame football, and just try to be happy with gameplay that is some opinioins (not mine, I haven't played it yet, and my buddy said its sweet, so I'm optimistic) a regression in many areas, then EA was mistaken.

Yeah, its gotta' be tough to hear all this pissing and moaning if you are someone who HAS accepted these failures, but again, blame EA. They made sure we had no other game to purchase and enjoy. Since we now have no other next-gen football options, we have every right to discuss these shortcomings in the ONE damn game available, in the hopes that someone of importance is listening, and may decide to address them.

I'd prolly recommend you stick with Madden fan sites for a while, 'cuz its gonna be brutal anywhere else.

I second you on that man.. A good analogy for what EA did with elimating the competition would be like this.............

You have to choose between a fat ugly chick and a hot chick to go to bed with. The fat ugly chick knows shes not as hot as the hot chick...but she knows if she layed off the big macs and went to the gym she could be a hot chick too..but then she realizes rather than do that its much easier to pay someone to snuff out the hot chick. So a week later hot chick is dead, fat ugly chick is your only option now. The least thing she could do is lay off the big macs now and go to the gym. I can take this a step further by saying the ones who were choosing the hot chick before the ugly chick had her rubbed out are only commenting on the fat ugly chick now because SHE made herslef the ONLY OPTION in town. For me the next Gen madden is okay for a first title..they have a long way to go though but at the same time I feel that EA and madden fans have no ground to stand on as far as bashing people who are hard on EA and Madden. If these people had another choice then im sure they would have gladly bought the other game and you wouldnt have to hear about them in here...so for those of you bashing the people who are hard on the game... go knock on the doors of EA and direct your agression to them. They planted the seed wether you want to believe that or refuse to.

I swear some people act like criticizing madden or EA is like talking about thier mother. Its a game..no one porked your little sister. Get over it.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:51 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
Because EA spent so much time fine tunning the stadiums and player models,but in my eye's, which are the only one's that matter to me Madden 360 is just a port.
And you are correct.. you strip away everything but the actual gameplay and yes, you have a direct port........minus the punt issue..thats gone as far as I know.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
some of you guys have to understand, These are these companys first try at nextgen gaming, so you guy's don't know what it takes to make a game and make a game in maybe not much time for that new console, so guys can sit there and say "They didn't do this or that. or they forgot this" all I have to say is, Let it go, nobody said you have to buy the 360 at launch or buy Madden at launch, or buy a game you don't like for that matter, or the 360 period. I will not listen to anybody or any reviewer and make jundgement that way, I will play myself and then judge.
and if the current gen is an indication, it'll take EA 4 years to get it right on the next gen. Madden came out on PS2 in what, 2001? Game just started to gain respectability with Madden 2005.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 11-19-2005, 06:16 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't see anything wrong with expressing negativity. It's just as legit as saying some game is Tight, or Sick. I mean what's the difference?

If you're just bashing cuz of the manufacturer, then it's immature. But I, like a lot of people on here just want great sports games period.

I can't tell you how many stupid arguements I've been in with 2K fanboyz about Madden, NCAA etc. Some people just like to bitch cuz they have an agenda against evil EA. I always thought EA made some pretty kick *** games. I could care less how much the company makes or puts the little guys out of business. Seriously, don't care. If they make great games, well that's capitalism.

In that same vein, I think the 360 Madden looks lifeless and borring. I looks like 8 games into your Dynasty you'd just get bored. But that's me. I won't apologize for being Negative. If it looks borring to me, I will state it.

If someone, anyone makes a better next gen football game, I will guy it. I don't care who makes the games. EA had a real opportunity to reinvent the franchise here, and just didn't. They over hyped it with the visual target vid and went downhill from there.

If someone else likes it and buys it, I won't try to change their mind or chastise them for liking something I don't.

Be honest in your opinoin, negative or positive. Doesn't mean we have to agree with any agenda.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2005, 06:23 PM   #32
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

If you don't like the Ford you buy a Chevy.
Don't like the RCA buy a Sony
Don't like McDonalds go to Wendy's

Don't like Madden go to... No where to go to.

With no choices do we
A: Blindly accept what EA throws out and pretend it's something it's not? or
B: Voice our opinions about what we do not like and what we feel is wrong in then hopes some things get fixed?

If there was another choice most of the negative posts would not be posted as those people would have moved on to the other game.

I'll also add one last thing. Is it more annoying that people complain about whats wrong or the people that swear by EA and make excuse after excuse?
I swear Madden could have been released without a dynasty or season mode and some people would say "They didn't have time" or "it's thier first effort, give them a chance"
Frankly when you spend the $ EA spent to kill the competition they should improve every year and not just add stuff that could have been there in the first place and then call it "Enhanced" and throw 07 on it.
We'll see...I'm pulling for them for no other reason than it's the only game we have.

Last edited by Skyboxer; 11-19-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »