Home

Why can't Ea release a patch?

This is a discussion on Why can't Ea release a patch? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-20-2005, 02:53 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Why can't Ea release a patch?

I wish they could add features in patches, but knowing Ea they won't. I want classic teams done right in 2007. I understand the legal issues but there has to be a way around it. Also, classic teams in season mode should be brought back.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:04 AM   #10
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

They can definately patch the game, the problem comes to microsofts team that analyzes the patch which adds up to 1-3 months.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:24 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
They can definately patch the game, the problem comes to microsofts team that analyzes the patch which adds up to 1-3 months.
Very true. Some developers have said that it's easier to get a law passed through congress than it is to get Microsoft to allow you to release a game patch through XBL.

At any rate, we can hope and pray for a patch all we want, but EA has shown a past precident. Unless it's something game inabilitating (the draft class bug of a few years ago), it isn't worth it for them to release a patch to fix an issue that the majority of their customer base doesn't even know about.

And I promise you this...no matter what you think, MOST people do NOT know about the run/pass thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2005, 12:06 PM   #12
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
And I promise you this...no matter what you think, MOST people do NOT know about the run/pass thing.
Just playing around with people offline but in the dorms here at my school I haven't found one person who knows about that glitch. Yes, it's a well know glitch, but it seems to be really well known only among really hardcore Madden players. The average Maddener just doesn't frequent a forum like this or Maddenmania and probably won't figure out the glitch on their own.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:13 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
They will August 2006
Old 11-20-2005, 01:17 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpro
I was wondering with all the complaints surrounding the 360 version (even before the official release) could EA Sports release a patch to correct some of the issues?

Not to start an argument... but a patch WOULD be nice...but then again..they ARE the only NFL football game around... so in thier eyes why should they have to? They dont have to do diddly squat if they dont want to. Yeah Im gonna get flamed for that im sure..but Im just stating the harsh reality of it all. There are alot of things EA could have been doing..but havent..so what makes you think it would be any different this time? Its all about track record people..and EA's isnt all that great...and thats all we really have to go by, just like someones credit report I guess.

Personally ive played Madden and It should get me by until next year. The thing though is if everything isnt implemented next year EA will have no excuse..but of course if that IS the case they will make excuses and the same people who defend them now will be defending thier whack-*** excuses next year.. IF thats the case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »