Home

Too Much Negativity.

This is a discussion on Too Much Negativity. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 03:14 PM   #1
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Too Much Negativity.

Operation Sports is probably my favorite website because its always provided so much information about sports video games. Lately, however, and especially with Madden 360 all that I ever read about is negativity towards the game. Its is honestly taking some of the fun away from the gaming experience amd makes me not want to read threads on this forum. Just take a gander at the titles of every thread on the first few pages and 85% of them are someone complaining about the 360 game. I've played the game and personally I thought it was very fun and looked terrific.

We have gotten so critical about football games that all anyone looks for is something to complain about. I agree that its important to point out what needs to be fixed for next year but it has gone a bit overboard. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now but I just wish there weren't so many critics that keep dragging this game down.

I'm looking forward to this game and can't wait to play it more.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Too Much Negativity.

It's not the critics that drag this game down. It's the lazy developers that do.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:18 PM   #3
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
It's not the critics that drag this game down. It's the lazy developers that do.
May i echo those words
Old 11-19-2005, 03:22 PM   #4
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaholics
Wow. You just proved his point for him. A negative post in a post questioning all the negative posts.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:25 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 1

You sort of make the game sound like a person who can have their feelings hurt by negativity. I know that was not your intent, but when many threads rip a game for monstrous problems (ahem...pass/run) it's not done for senseless bashing. I am a huge 2k fan who wants more than anything for madden 360 to be great. I'm still hoping it will be, but people tend to call it like they see it, and most people are raving about positives like graphics but complaining about nagging issues that shouldn't be in a game built from the ground up. If you look at all the reviews for EA's lineup in general......most are fairly negative. So it's not just here that negativity is flowing. I feel the negativity in these forums is a reflection of all the negativity from IGN, gamespot, mm, mn, 1up, ect. EA is not having a good opening on the 360 in the critics eyes, so everyone is complaining.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2005, 03:26 PM   #6
Running of the Bulls

Macar91's Arena

OVR: 17

This is the exact reason I stopped going in this thread for a little while. I would much rather read good information about the game, not complaints about how the developers messed up on certain parts of it.
Old 11-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I'm in no way trying to start an argument so please don't take offense to this. But I get really tired of people saying that the developers are lazy. Here's the fact of the matter; the developers do not have anything to do with direct profits from the game. Every developer that I've seen talk about the game says how everyone involved in the game loves football and loves football gaming. They want to make the best football game possible. Developing for Madden is a dream job for the developers. Think about how fun it would be. These guys work all night long on Madden and are fanatical about it. When people say the developers are lazy, it could not be any further from the truth. Corporate EA pays the developers and salary, the developers do not profit any more if they sell more Maddens and they do not lose any of their salary if they don't sell enough, so why would the developers be lazy. Do you think when EA would hire any developers/designers that didn't seem truly and genuinely excited about working on Madden? Everyone wants to work on Madden, and those that get the priveledge are far from lazy. There is absolutely no correlation between developers and profits from the game.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 11-19-2005, 03:46 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

gagnon.. its everywhere man.

sadly theres no escaping it. unless you wanna unplug the broadband
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »