Home

Getting my 360 tommorrow.. Thinking about this TV.. i need opinions/advice.

This is a discussion on Getting my 360 tommorrow.. Thinking about this TV.. i need opinions/advice. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 01:38 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Getting my 360 tommorrow.. Thinking about this TV.. i need opinions/advice.

Okay so I have a 36 inch Sony WEGA already that I bought 4 years ago. Its not a "flatscreen" but the screen is flat if you know what I mean. Its not bubbled out. Its not the HDTV model though.

Anways, I was looking for HDTV's under 2000.00 Ive got about 2,000 I can play with and Ive been looking at the HDTV's even before the 360 craze but im thinking its getting about that time to pull the trigger on it.. for all you HDTV peeps out there check out this TV circuit city has on sale (listed at 1999 but they have it for 1709). Its a Soney WEGA 42" rear projection HDTV. here is the link..im just looking for some direction..it will do 720 and 1080. Is Rear projection a bad choice for games? I just need some info from the HDTV peeps out there.. here is the link to the TV..

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

Let me know.....if there are enough thumbs up i think im gonna pull the trigger on it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2005, 01:42 AM   #2

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Getting my 360 tommorrow.. Thinking about this TV.. i need opinions/advice.

wrong forum, try cnet.com
Old 11-22-2005, 01:53 AM   #3
MVP

Dude..it pertains to me, my xbox 360 and my games..I think im gonna find more gamers in here with HDTV's than im gonna find HDTV owners who are gamers on CNET. I asked for opinions / help.. i didnt ask for your condecending remark. Grow up...kids..i swear. Besides...dont tell me where to post "rookie". What i dont understand is what did you saying "wrong forum go to CNET.com" do to fruther the thread I started? I posed it HERE for a reason. If you didnt have anything else to say why did you even bother?

Last edited by blackceasar; 11-22-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:18 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Okay so I have a 36 inch Sony WEGA already that I bought 4 years ago. Its not a "flatscreen" but the screen is flat if you know what I mean. Its not bubbled out. Its not the HDTV model though.

Anways, I was looking for HDTV's under 2000.00 Ive got about 2,000 I can play with and Ive been looking at the HDTV's even before the 360 craze but im thinking its getting about that time to pull the trigger on it.. for all you HDTV peeps out there check out this TV circuit city has on sale (listed at 1999 but they have it for 1709). Its a Soney WEGA 42" rear projection HDTV. here is the link..im just looking for some direction..it will do 720 and 1080. Is Rear projection a bad choice for games? I just need some info from the HDTV peeps out there.. here is the link to the TV..

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-...oductDetail.do

Let me know.....if there are enough thumbs up i think im gonna pull the trigger on it.
Ok the Sony is very nice, also a great TV I have a 42 Toshiba 55 mits, 40 SOny XBR(the biggest tube TV) ALso my roomate has a 56 inch Samsung DLP and my other roomate has a 52inch Zenith LCD. I know a little about TV's . Now to answer your question if you dont mind spending alittle more money or wating to find a good deal the best TV is the Pioneer Elite, they are a little more pricey but you get what you pay for. Also the difference in price is worth it. That sony is very nice, one thing about LCD's in genral they are REALLY bright TVs dont know how you like your picture but just a heads up.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:37 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ok the Sony is very nice, also a great TV I have a 42 Toshiba 55 mits, 40 SOny XBR(the biggest tube TV) ALso my roomate has a 56 inch Samsung DLP and my other roomate has a 52inch Zenith LCD. I know a little about TV's . Now to answer your question if you dont mind spending alittle more money or wating to find a good deal the best TV is the Pioneer Elite, they are a little more pricey but you get what you pay for. Also the difference in price is worth it. That sony is very nice, one thing about LCD's in genral they are REALLY bright TVs dont know how you like your picture but just a heads up.

Thanks for the info...its mucho appreciated. Im a big sony fan and I like my current 36 inch WEGA but its not HD and I want to play at 720.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2005, 03:45 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Thanks for the info...its mucho appreciated. Im a big sony fan and I like my current 36 inch WEGA but its not HD and I want to play at 720.
Best LCD on the market right now HANDS-DOWN. If your looking LCD this is your TV..
Old 11-22-2005, 05:26 AM   #7
MVP

loccdogg26's Arena

OVR: 15

if you want a regular tube tv go with the panasonic ct34wx15. It is a hd television but also has a flat screen. The only drawback is that is heavy than a mofo. Circuit City sells it for 1499.99
Old 11-22-2005, 08:39 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Use the HDTV sticky in the Everything Else Forum.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »