Home

For those playing without an HDTV.

This is a discussion on For those playing without an HDTV. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2005, 11:32 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: For those playing without an HDTV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafilthymofo
HD only sharpens up the image a bit. A regular tv is fine. HD is overrated. The difference is minimal. Some people are just anul and need HDTV to have every last spec of detail they can possibly have like the reviewers at game sites like gamespot. Regular TV is fine you lose almost nothing.
Spoken like ANOTHER guy without an HDTV!!
Old 11-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #10
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't have and HDTV but a buddy of mine does. It seems to make more difference on some games than others, but it's definately an upgrade on all games. Out of the games I've played (Madden, PGR3, Kameo, & Call of Duty) on both sets, Madden seems to "lose" the least amount of quality. On my standard tv, Madden looks really good. PGR is the worst though. On my tv it really doesn't look much better than PGR 2, but looks amazing on an HD set.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:58 AM   #11
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I could walk out the door right now and buy an HDTV. I don't because while it looks better it doesn't look that much better. I'll pick one up when prices fall further in a year or two but it's just not worth it right now. Yea, spoken like a guy without an HDTV, except it's not because I can't afford one but rather they JUST AREN'T THAT MUCH BETTER.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 11:04 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafilthymofo
HD only sharpens up the image a bit. A regular tv is fine. HD is overrated. The difference is minimal. Some people are just anul and need HDTV to have every last spec of detail they can possibly have like the reviewers at game sites like gamespot. Regular TV is fine you lose almost nothing.
HD is not overrated. I don't have the 360 yet, but one look at MVP Baseball in 720p for the XBox shows you how great HD is.

And for television shows? HD is light years beyond even digital signals. I don't know if you were simply referencing gaming, but if you're saying HD is overrated across the board, you're just wrong.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
they JUST AREN'T THAT MUCH BETTER.
Are we talking about video games here, or HD in general? For video games I can somewhat understand the argument. Disagree with it, but understand it.

If we're just talking about HDTV in general, though, you people are insane.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:34 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just buy the VGA adapter and use your computer monitor as a cheap alternative to HDTV......much easier than going out and dropping $2000 for an HD

- Romans 8:2
Old 11-25-2005, 11:44 AM   #15
Rookie

biglen's Arena

OVR: 2

anyone who doesn't think that hd doesn't look 10 times better than sd should make an appointment immediately with an eye doctor.my 9 year old son is able to see the difference and he can tell between playing the xbox in the living room on an sd tv and then playing on my hdtv in the family room.that is not even an opinion it's a fact.the 360 and it's games were meant to be used in hd.i guess people who think hd is over rated still use a vcr instead of a dvd player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 12:13 PM   #16
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

It looks better. There's no dispute there. It doesn't look 10 times better. Here's where the dispute begins and it's because how much better it looks is subjective in and of itself. Certainly it's not worth the difference in cost if you're talking about a bigger set.

PS - DVD players are cheap now. There's a pretty significant difference there though and yet I don't have much of a problem watching an old VHS when I have to. They're pretty acceptable still.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »