Home

For those playing without an HDTV.

This is a discussion on For those playing without an HDTV. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2005, 12:24 PM   #17
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: For those playing without an HDTV.

The game looks pretty good even without HDTV. Obviously, not as good as on an HDTV, but pretty sweet none-the-less.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #18
MVP

Its a simple humanistic pattern here...and you see it with other things too.

Those people who call HDTV with the 360 a hype honestly IMO most of those people are people who dont have an HDTV or cannot get one. Its the whole "bash what I cannot get to make me feel better for not having it" syndrome... I know that sounds mean..but there is some ugly truth to it.

Its just like some people will tell you they are a TRUE gamer..but when you ask them "hey you gettin a 360?" they will say Nah man... Im gonna hold off for the PS3 LOL.........its always the "no its not that i CANT get it..im just waiting for something better" syndrome lol...thats so weak and it makes them look even more dumb..dont they know people know they are really just frontin? Then of course when PS3 hits and you ask them "hey did you get your PS3??" they will tell you "nah man, I dont buy the first batch of anything, im gonna wait a few months until they have a 2nd or 3rd batch..less problems, etc".. LOL give me a break. Those who can do do..those who cant bash. Now granted there are some people out there who really could at the drop of a dime get an HDTV or a 360 without having to think about the loot but really are waiting.. SINCERELY waiting..but in my experiences with dealing with most people....its usually "i will downplay it cuz I dont have one" type of people.

Yes thats mean, but its true..and it probably applies to some people in this thread. I DONT have an HDTV..but im not gonna pull the "HDTV is overhyped" to make myself feel better for not having one beause I will tell you right now..the diffference is night and day. Yes the games still look GREEEAT on a regular TV but on HDTV they just look THAT MUCH BETTER.
Old 11-25-2005, 02:37 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
I could walk out the door right now and buy an HDTV. I don't because while it looks better it doesn't look that much better. I'll pick one up when prices fall further in a year or two but it's just not worth it right now. Yea, spoken like a guy without an HDTV, except it's not because I can't afford one but rather they JUST AREN'T THAT MUCH BETTER.

Hmmmmmmmm.......... lol......... *in a year or two*.......hmmmmm........... lol.... okay let me stop..im being mean now lol
Old 11-25-2005, 03:01 PM   #20
Rookie

biglen's Arena

OVR: 2

well said
Old 11-25-2005, 04:10 PM   #21
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Hmmmmmmmm.......... lol......... *in a year or two*.......hmmmmm........... lol.... okay let me stop..im being mean now lol
Or maybe you know nothing about my financial situation and simply want to cherry pick hypotheticals based on the two facts that I've given to fit your argument. Americans piss away more money on what they don't need than any other country. The sort of ridiculous perspective that you possess is what drives the problem every time.

HDTV looks better, I agree with this statement. I don't have an HDTV set because I have a fantastic SDTV set, keeping up? I don't want to purchase an HDTV set because they cost too much relative to the upgade being gained. Now you took these facts and came to the conclusion that I'm bashing HDTV because I can't afford it. Maybe I just don't piss away money like so many others feel so comfortable doing? Maybe I don't find it to be particularly worth it to throw away a perfectly good 27" Sony Wega SD set (with component inputs!) for a minor upgrade that will cost upwards of 3X what was paid for what I currently own.

I've met people like you though. They're all the same. They'll go around judging people based on what they own and when someone tells them that their entertainment system probably wasn't worth it they'll just dismiss the comment as being made out of jealousy. HDTV isn't the second coming, it looks damn good because it's a little bit sharper, but it isn't that special. If you want it and want to pay for it then good for you and your bank account but telling people off because they think the upgrade isn't huge (do yourself a favor go look up "subjective") and that it's an economically poor decision based on past trends is increadibly juvenile. I cry for our school systems.[/rant]
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 04:37 PM   #22
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
Or maybe you know nothing about my financial situation and simply want to cherry pick hypotheticals based on the two facts that I've given to fit your argument. Americans piss away more money on what they don't need than any other country. The sort of ridiculous perspective that you possess is what drives the problem every time.

HDTV looks better, I agree with this statement. I don't have an HDTV set because I have a fantastic SDTV set, keeping up? I don't want to purchase an HDTV set because they cost too much relative to the upgade being gained. Now you took these facts and came to the conclusion that I'm bashing HDTV because I can't afford it. Maybe I just don't piss away money like so many others feel so comfortable doing? Maybe I don't find it to be particularly worth it to throw away a perfectly good 27" Sony Wega SD set (with component inputs!) for a minor upgrade that will cost upwards of 3X what was paid for what I currently own.

I've met people like you though. They're all the same. They'll go around judging people based on what they own and when someone tells them that their entertainment system probably wasn't worth it they'll just dismiss the comment as being made out of jealousy. HDTV isn't the second coming, it looks damn good because it's a little bit sharper, but it isn't that special. If you want it and want to pay for it then good for you and your bank account but telling people off because they think the upgrade isn't huge (do yourself a favor go look up "subjective") and that it's an economically poor decision based on past trends is increadibly juvenile. I cry for our school systems.[/rant]
Amen brother.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 11-25-2005, 05:08 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Its a simple humanistic pattern here...and you see it with other things too.

Those people who call HDTV with the 360 a hype honestly IMO most of those people are people who dont have an HDTV or cannot get one. Its the whole "bash what I cannot get to make me feel better for not having it" syndrome... I know that sounds mean..but there is some ugly truth to it.

Its just like some people will tell you they are a TRUE gamer..but when you ask them "hey you gettin a 360?" they will say Nah man... Im gonna hold off for the PS3 LOL.........its always the "no its not that i CANT get it..im just waiting for something better" syndrome lol...thats so weak and it makes them look even more dumb..dont they know people know they are really just frontin? Then of course when PS3 hits and you ask them "hey did you get your PS3??" they will tell you "nah man, I dont buy the first batch of anything, im gonna wait a few months until they have a 2nd or 3rd batch..less problems, etc".. LOL give me a break. Those who can do do..those who cant bash. Now granted there are some people out there who really could at the drop of a dime get an HDTV or a 360 without having to think about the loot but really are waiting.. SINCERELY waiting..but in my experiences with dealing with most people....its usually "i will downplay it cuz I dont have one" type of people.

Yes thats mean, but its true..and it probably applies to some people in this thread. I DONT have an HDTV..but im not gonna pull the "HDTV is overhyped" to make myself feel better for not having one beause I will tell you right now..the diffference is night and day. Yes the games still look GREEEAT on a regular TV but on HDTV they just look THAT MUCH BETTER.
I don't buy the first batch of gaming system anymore. I don't get on people who do but I don't. I think there are a lot of problems when you do. Like I did with the Dreamcast and I couldn't find a memory card anywhere to save my life. Then I finally got a Mad Katz one and it have didn't have as much memory as it was suppose to. Then the Midway games like Hydro Thunder(GREAT GAME) would freeze up. Then I got a PS2 on the day it came out and then a little of a year later it was broken only play certain games. So I'm just going to fall back and wait a couple of months for now on.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:13 PM   #24
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9

All my 360 games look great on my 27 inch SDTV. Everyone who said they would only be slightly ehanced over current generation without an HDTV is sniffing glue.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »