Home

Madden 360....Unbiased Review

This is a discussion on Madden 360....Unbiased Review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2005, 10:10 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Madden 360....Unbiased Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs44
So if you are into playing season mode is this game a buy? Im more into gameplay/graphics. How about Nba2k6 and Nhl2k6-are they buys too?
Picked up COD2-excellent shooter and PDZ-havent opened it.
The gameplay and graphics are great, and the AI has been much improved.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 03:35 PM   #42
Th*s F*c* C*sh*s Ch*cks

ezekiel55's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
NBA2K6 looks just like NBA2K6 (XBOX).
This is actually the game that I showed to my family on thanksgiving and they were blown away by it. I think its probably the prettiest launch game there is. That just my opinion though, so maybe I'm wrong. But those 20 or so sweat particles that flew off Shaq's head when I dunked on Yao would have to disagree with you.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:03 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by humpdump66
The level of criticism of this game is insane. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinions and voicing them, and they make for interesting reads, but some really show the levels of ignorance out there.

First of all, this is the FIRST offering of a football game for the Next-Gen. Does anyone remember the first titles for the original XBOX? Was NFL 2K2 much different moving from the DC to the XBOX? It wasn't. Was Madden 2002 any different than the PS2 version? It wasn't. Most criticism ragarding Madden in years past was that all they did was add stupid mini-games, modes, and "pricing hot-dogs" and never addressed the ENGINE which was the same for 5 years. They also were criticized for never building for the XBOX as XBOX'ers always got a PS2 port. Now they CLEARLY have done what people asked- - addressed the graphics and gameplay and NOW people complain about....lack of features?

Like I said, this is the first effort for the next gen and I rather play this than Madden 06 XBOX or NFL 2K5. This game will only get better too. I don't understand what the fuss is about. This is the same situation as when the Dreamcast introduced NFL2K back in 2000. If you remember, that game was pretty bare bones too but looked great. Took time to grow.

Stop the negativity already...

The only real complaints seem to be about the game freezing up, and that is VERY VALID COMPLAINT. If it has a price tag on it and is for sell, the game should be in working order.

Stop telling people how to feel, this is a message board, they can write what they want and express themselves freely.

Get over yourself.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #44
Rookie

daveyboy79's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
This is what you wrote Fanboy:
"When Madden 2001 came out when the PS2 was launched it was a complete product based on what was available at the time, not stripped down.
My problem is that when the PS3 is launched Madden 07 will be a complete product, completely smacking XBox 360 buyers."

Why was no there mention of the Xbox's Madden debut-was it not as good as the PS2's? Forget that Madden 2001 just wasn't a very good game. Forget that the people at Microsoft had no control over what EA put or didn't put in the game. Forget about all the positive comments about gameplay and this graphics of this new 360 game. Forget about the fact that you don't have a 360 and have not even played the Madden game.

Now about your "problem" (besides being a little dense)-[when the PS3 is launched Madden 07 will be a complete product, completely smacking XBox 360 buyers.] So how do you know what type of product EA will spit out for the PS3? Already developers are saying that the PS3 is much harder to program for than the 360. It's outrageous to state that the same developer will make a better game for a console that's apparently going to harder to deal with. And finally, I have not been smacked by the PS3 (not sure what that means), but have been enriched by what I consider to be the best damn football game ever made. Now please address each of my points rather than make a general stupid statement.
OK Moron,

I'll type in bullet point style so you can better comprehend.

"Forget about the fact that you don't have a 360 and have not even played the Madden game."
1) You are a complete TOOL
2) I have Xbox 360
3) I have Madden 06 for the 360 and PS2

"So how do you know what type of product EA will spit out for the PS3? Already developers are saying that the PS3 is much harder to program for than the 360. It's outrageous to state that the same developer will make a better game for a console that's apparently going to harder to deal with."
1) Previous Gen consoles Xbox and PS2 - PS2 is much more challenging to develop games for then Xbox yet both are the same product, EA ports to Xbox from PS2
2) 07 version of Madden will be a complete product and EA will port it to PS3 moron; they will not develop a separate product for both next gen consoles
3) Again you flippin' tool, are you in HS or just never earned a college degree b/c your reading comprehension is at a 3rd grade level, I never stated that the game would be better for one console or the other I simply stated that next years offering will be a complete product for both the 360 and the PS3. If you can use your tiny brain and think about it the 360 launch did not have a complete product the PS3 launch (because the game will be ported from one console to the other) - will be a complete product. See the comparison timline below:
2005: 360 launch - Madden '06 not a complete product
2006: 360 - end of 1st year in marketplace Madden 07 complete product
PS3 launch - (because it will be ported from one console to the other) complete product. Understand nitwit?

Again 360 users at launch time get the short end of the stick because a glorified demo was released at launch while PS3 users at launch time will have a complete product.

Let me also reiterate I think the direction that EA is taking the gameplay is promising, I have no problem with that. My gripe is the fact that the product was not complete compared with other 06 offerings on other consoles regardless of next gen or not. The user can't edit players, can't challenge calls, can't even change the color of jerseys for teams, problems with simming in franchise mode etc. These are things that could have easily been addressed before distributing what I consider to be a glorified demo product for 60 bucks a pop.

Finally,

"Why was no there mention of the Xbox's Madden debut-was it not as good as the PS2's? Forget that Madden 2001 just wasn't a very good game."

OK this statement that you make shows you how clueless you are and that you are a complete tool. My point, forget about what Madden has evolved to today, when the PS2 was launched Madden 01 was a complete product for what existed for Madden at that time on PS1. It was not a watered down version of what existed on the PS1. At THAT TIME the graphic enhancements to the game were just as dramatic as what we are seeing with the 360 today, along with the gameplay. DO YOU UNDERSTAND? At the time PS2 launched Madden 01 was a complete product.

When Xbox launched, moron, they ported what they developed for the PS2 to Xbox with a slight upgrade to graphics b/c the Xbox is more powerful than the PS2. TOOL, it was the same game, same features, same logic used to code for on field environment (gameplay).
Old 11-25-2005, 07:12 PM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Jaybee/Daveyboy,

Next person to call someone a name will be taking a break from the forums. No need for that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #46
Rookie

daveyboy79's Arena

This response was deleted by me.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:16 PM   #47
Rookie

daveyboy79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Jaybee/Daveyboy,

Next person to call someone a name will be taking a break from the forums. No need for that.
Well I apologize because I was responding to JBs second post and submitted it before reading yours. I will delete my last response. Thank you for the warning.
Old 11-25-2005, 07:19 PM   #48
Rookie

daveyboy79's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champ24
Well obviously you think Madden 07 will be good enough on the PS3 to warrant a purchase which will still be on the same engine made by the company you are bashing now. You continue to make absolutely no sense.

Please see my response to JB for more insight. You are completely wrong with your assertion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »