Home

WHY CAN"T THIS GAME PLAY ITSELF!?!

This is a discussion on WHY CAN"T THIS GAME PLAY ITSELF!?! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2005, 09:39 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: WHY CAN"T THIS GAME PLAY ITSELF!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I like setting some good AI vs AI in the background when I am getting busy with a lady. If she is really smokin', then I treat her to something like Colts vs Uninjured Patriots. If she is sub-par, then she will be grinding to Browns vs Jets or any combination of NFC teams.
You're a player.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:28 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

I like watching it also, I like to see how well it simulates compared to the real nfl and I like to do match-ups that are happening in hte nfl. And with the graphics the way they are I bet it would be cool on madden360. I didn't buy the 360 though cause the only reason i would buy one is madden it doesn't live up to me expectations.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:30 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I like setting some good AI vs AI in the background when I am getting busy with a lady. If she is really smokin', then I treat her to something like Colts vs Uninjured Patriots. If she is sub-par, then she will be grinding to Browns vs Jets or any combination of NFC teams.
I see why you like the computer vrs computer, then your *hand* is free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 02:05 AM   #12
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

A cpu vs cpu game is an excellent way for game makers to have a non interactive demo of their game at a store or kiosk somewhere. I can't tell how floored I was when I saw NFL2K back in the day. Just watching that game play itself on the monitor in the store... it made my buy a Dreamcast on the spot. The way Madden is now, no one will be able to walk by and see it in action unless someone is playing it.

Sports games DESERVE to have an attract mode. Just about ALL football games have had ai games in the mix. They didn't have time to even set THIS up?
Something is wrong.
Bubba4
Old 11-25-2005, 03:03 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

On a 1-10 scale this thread is a -1
Old 11-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm going to tell yall what a nerd I am. Every year when NBA live came out I woUld do a little tourny of cpu vs cpu. Even wrote down the scores and stats. PTS,REB, AST. So I understand. I might be the only one though
Old 11-25-2005, 08:22 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 21

CPu vs CPU is a great way for people who tweak player ratings and are looking for ultimate realism to determine what changes to certain ratings do. If you can get the game to play realistically when cpu vs cpu you are 95% home.

It is also great fopr "what if" scenarios when using historic teams. Could the 78 Steelers beat the 89 49ers? Stuff like that. Fun to watch.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »