Home

Making excuses...

This is a discussion on Making excuses... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #25
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Making excuses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by baa7
Whatever. Is that some sort of backhanded slap, or do you just enjoy conjecture and speculating on things you know couldn’t possibly know anything about? I personally couldn’t care less if he or anyone else “knows more about the business”. He made some excellent points, but IMO he’s barking up the wrong imaginary tree if he believes EA actually plans on changing anything, or that his rants will serve any purpose whatsoever. Bottom-line: it’s a video football game that some like and some don’t. It’s not the end of the world or gaming Armageddon, which is the impression I got from him after reading his harangue.
Actually I can concur with LBZ, BoilerBuzz, does know more about this industry by far, than anyone else in this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #26
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I agree with you boiler. My gaming season begins and ends with football games, too. Sure, if I buy a system I'll also pick up a few games along the way and enjoy them with my football game. But if I'm buying a new system, it is always specifically, first and foremost, because of the football game. With Dreamcast, it was for NFL 2K. For PS2, it was for Madden 2001. For XBOX, it was for ESPN 2K5. And for XBOX 360 it was going to be for Madden. But now...I just don't know.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #27
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

For what it's worth I was just in to Gamestop and my friend that works there said they've already gotten 5 Maddens they sold returned so far. They are giving 30.00 trade in.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:44 PM   #28
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Just to clarify. My "stupid" comment was clearly qualified. "Isn't it rather convenient that they can have a team of monkeys working on Football Manager coming out later, but they can't scrape up a couple more monkeys to at LEAST f***ing port the current gen franchise over to this gen? I'll take heat for this, but it MUST be said - if you accept this bs, then you truly are stupid.". I'm not calling people stupid in general, only if you accept the excuse EA is giving for ripping out the rest of the features, then selling it back to you in a separate product. I don't know what else to call that. It's like you're buying a piece of apple pie for 120% of the price of a whole apple pie, when all they did was add whipped cream on top of the single piece. Sorry my writing style doesn't agree with folks, but what can you do?

baa7, don't kid yourself. I'm FAR from bent about this. I didn't pay for the game. I won't. Why should I be bent. I have PLENTY of other games to play. It's just that I would LIKE to play a football game and whether you want to believe it or not, the devs DO listen to their fans. To what degree, it varies. So, all I was saying is that if you care to have a better game, stop patting EA on the back for the tiniest of positive changes and get on their case for the things that need to change, but still haven't.

I have another question for you, and don't try to turn this into the standard EA versus VC pissing match:

If EA did not buy the exclusive license for the NFL and ESPN, do you think they would have gone this route? On the surface, you can look at Live and say, well, sure... But... We're talking about Madden here. This is the game that built and sustains ALL their other sports titles (effectively).
Old 11-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Actually I can concur with LBZ, BoilerBuzz, does know more about this industry by far, than anyone else in this thread.
Now why did you have to chime in with that. It was over and done with but you felt the need to say that. Like I said I agree with buzz also but really. I also find it funny how none of you "mods" said anything when he called people stupid but if that was anyone else you would have jump right in with "this is your first and last warning" So lets just stick with the subject of his post and not who has the better business skills
Old 11-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #30
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
I agree with you boiler. My gaming season begins and ends with football games, too. Sure, if I buy a system I'll also pick up a few games along the way and enjoy them with my football game. But if I'm buying a new system, it is always specifically, first and foremost, because of the football game. With Dreamcast, it was for NFL 2K. For PS2, it was for Madden 2001. For XBOX, it was for ESPN 2K5. And for XBOX 360 it was going to be for Madden. But now...I just don't know.
Yeah man. I think we are lucky that the system was release at this point. If you liked Madden 06, you've pretty much already got your fill. If you didn't like Madden 06, you've moved on already anyway. Next year is going to be tough IMO. I hope EA shows me something and I think they will IF, like I said, people stop making excuses for them.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:48 PM   #31
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by solutions
Now why did you have to chime in with that. It was over and done with but you felt the need to say that. Like I said I agree with buzz also but really. I also find it funny how none of you "mods" said anything when he called people stupid but if that was anyone else you would have jump right in with "this is your first and last warning" So lets just stick with the subject of his post and not who has the better business skills
Like I said, I didn't call anyone stupid in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 04:48 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by solutions
Leave the modding to the mods. You don't like how these forums are run, there are plenty of other ones for you to visit.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »