Home

Here are some complaints can any one dispute these.

This is a discussion on Here are some complaints can any one dispute these. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2005, 09:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Here are some complaints can any one dispute these.

After more play time with Madden 06 for XBOX360, I have noticed even more missing features/bugs. This list is sure to continue growing. This is a list of stuff that has either already been in Madden on previous gen systems, or was in the competitions' game LAST YEAR or sooner:

UPDATED: 11-25-05, 8pm EST:

EA sports radio from franchise is missing.
No NFL combine during franchise anymore
no way to tell if a game is ranked or unranked when using quick play online (that I can tell).

no stats for opponents except Win, Loss, DNF%, rank, streak in the game lobby. (when looking for a game you can't tell if someone is a cheeser on 4th downs or scrambling, etc. unless you look them up on the stat leaderboard, if they are even there.)
no field goal nets when kicking field goals (with all the attention to stadium detail, how was THIS missed).

online you can't see what formation (how many WR's TE's and RB's) your opponent chooses unless you continuously move the thumbpad on the root playcalling screen (ask madden, by formation, etc.) to refresh it.

Fair play feature is gone online.
No formation subs online or offline
formation subs are all glitched out, especially at running back, as having a different 3rd down a back other than your starter totally makes formation subs a guessing game.
you can't tell what team your opponent is using until after you initiate a challenge. Declining the challenge dumps you all the way back to the start menu.
feature to save your depth chart changes online is gone.
if your opponent quits online, and you choose ANYTHING but continue against computer and decide to back out and choose to continue against the CPU, the game locks up and the computer won't select a play (this happened to me when I was supposed to kick off; the computer never selected a return play; i get a DNF.)
can only send one guy in motion;
formation shift feature is gone
no play diagrams when choosing audibles
no hot blitzes or hot routes for defenders
no way to prevent computer from autoshifting your entire defense to the strength of the field (we dont WANT the COMPUTER to make all of our decisions).
Computer consistently brings all your LB's to the LOS and screws up your set

no uniform selections other than the single home and away
If an opponent does hurry up and lets the animations run pre snap, there is almost NO time to make ANY defensive adjustments (you have to wait until the offense is set). Years past you got to see the whole field and adjust the whole time the offense was setting up.
no madden points for accomplishments
no minicamp minigames in franchise or game modes
no replay challenges
no camera angle changes
no practice mode (you'll wish you had it with as much that has changed)
no superstar mode
new hot route system gives away who's route is changed
stripped down franchise (circa 2001)
zoom out to view field and play diagram locks the view
still no leagues
hardly any new tackle animations.
hardly any new broken tackle animations. (don't believe EA about building this game from the ground up. THEY ARE LYING. The animation department took a siesta for this game)
Computer takes forever to select a play and hike the ball.
ranked games are ONLY 4 minute quarters.
new kick meter is BRUTAL on all-pro or all-madden and doesn't seem to correspond to where you actually aim it.
NOT using the passing cone will result in 50/50 chance of terrible passes.
new commentary is almost non-existent.

Please add your comments if there is anything I have missed thus far. It is up to us (gamers themselves) to light a fire under EA's *** to improve their game.

-Santoro
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 09:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Here are some complaints can any one dispute these.

I agree with eveything u said...

Now having said that, let the EA fanboyism commence...
Old 11-25-2005, 09:28 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

Good points. I can't understand why EA didn't program in camera angles. Make no sense.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:38 PM   #4
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I believe ranked games have been 4 minutes for the last year or so.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 PM   #5
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
Now having said that, let the EA fanboyism commence...
It's stupid comments like this, that start up the fanboy wars. Just stop.. Only warning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2005, 09:40 PM   #6
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17
After more play time with Madden 06 for XBOX360, I have noticed even more missing features/bugs. This list is sure to continue growing. This is a list of stuff that has either already been in Madden on previous gen systems, or was in the competitions' game LAST YEAR or sooner:

no way to tell if a game is ranked or unranked when using quick play online (that I can tell).

no stats for opponents except Win, Loss, DNF%, rank, streak in the game lobby. (when looking for a game you can't tell if someone is a cheeser on 4th downs or scrambling, etc. unless you look them up on the stat leaderboard, if they are even there.)
no field goal nets when kicking field goals (with all the attention to stadium detail, how was THIS missed).

online you can't see what formation (how many WR's TE's and RB's) your opponent chooses unless you continuously move the thumbpad on the root playcalling screen (ask madden, by formation, etc.) to refresh it.

formation subs are all glitched out, especially at running back, as having a different 3rd down a back other than your starter totally makes formation subs a guessing game.
you can't tell what team your opponent is using until after you initiate a challenge. Declining the challenge dumps you all the way back to the start menu.
if your opponent quits online, and you choose ANYTHING but continue against computer and decide to back out and choose to continue against the CPU, the game locks up and the computer won't select a play (this happened to me when I was supposed to kick off; the computer never selected a return play; i get a DNF.)
no way to prevent computer from autoshifting your entire defense to the strength of the field (we dont WANT the COMPUTER to make all of our decisions).

If an opponent does hurry up and lets the animations run pre snap, there is almost NO time to make ANY defensive adjustments (you have to wait until the offense is set). Years past you got to see the whole field and adjust the whole time the offense was setting up.
no replay challenges
no camera angle changes
no superstar mode
still no leagues
hardly any new broken tackle animations. (don't believe EA about building this game from the ground up. THEY ARE LYING. The animation department took a siesta for this game)
new kick meter is BRUTAL on all-pro or all-madden and doesn't seem to correspond to where you actually aim it.

Please add your comments if there is anything I have missed thus far. It is up to us (gamers themselves) to light a fire under EA's *** to improve their game.

-Santoro
I agree with all of this.
Old 11-25-2005, 09:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman17

no replay challenges
no camera angle changes
no superstar mode
still no leagues

-Santoro

Don't be a negative nellie!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 11-25-2005, 11:57 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Ahhh OK, that's the reason why I don't know what the other person is running sometimes. So I gotta back out. Cause I know the first time they call a play I see, 2 RB, 1 TE, and 2 WR or something. Then the next thing you know, I see nothing so I'm guessing the entire game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »