Home

Really having a good time with this game!..

This is a discussion on Really having a good time with this game!.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM   #49
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Really having a good time with this game!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
I've gone entire games with 0 fumbles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Same here, but I don't pass much, and I don't generate much of a pass rush.
Trust me it's there, I have heard of others complaining of it also. I do like to pass alot, so that's why this bugs the heck out of me even more. Basically if you get hit juuuuuuuussssssstttttttt as you are throwing the ball it will be a fumble instead of an incomplete pass. It doesn't happen on every single play, but it can happen enough in a game to really irritate you. As I said, I have seen games where I had 8-10 fumbles and that's just not realistic. This is really the only real thing holding me back from getting some real enjoyment out of this game, that's why I'm so frustrated.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:25 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
Trust me it's there, I have heard of others complaining of it also. I do like to pass alot, so that's why this bugs the heck out of me even more. Basically if you get hit juuuuuuuussssssstttttttt as you are throwing the ball it will be a fumble instead of an incomplete pass. It doesn't happen on every single play, but it can happen enough in a game to really irritate you. As I said, I have seen games where I had 8-10 fumbles and that's just not realistic. This is really the only real thing holding me back from getting some real enjoyment out of this game, that's why I'm so frustrated.
I am not saying it doesn't happen. It just doesn't happen to me, because I play Martyball, and suck on defense.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virix
I was kinda on the fence about this game based on the complaints, but I really trust BK and Pratt alot because our taste in games is generally the same. Guess Ill pick it up Thursday when I get my 360.
When you play it, give it some serious time. I was initially underwhelmed and the more I played it the more I liked it. TCrouch went through the exact same thing. Initially he was going to toss it after 2 quarters. Now he says he really glad he didn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2005, 09:43 PM   #52
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
When you play it, give it some serious time. I was initially underwhelmed and the more I played it the more I liked it. TCrouch went through the exact same thing. Initially he was going to toss it after 2 quarters. Now he says he really glad he didn't.
I agree with this too. That was the exact same thing that I was going to do, now it's not as bad as I initially thought when I first booted it up. While it is "stripped down" so to speak, it is still a solid game of football and defiantley worth a rental at least.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #53
Pro

Drag66's Arena

OVR: 9

I absolutely love the game. Is it polished? No, but I think it is a vast improvement over current gen. I was just getting sick and tired of the same old game (with obvious improvements, but nothing earth shattering) year after year. This game may have some similarities to current gen Madden, but it is mostly different. I agree with the sentiment that the game grows on you. At first I was like "it's OK," but that was mainly because I was not used to the new controls and flow of the game. After a solid week of playtime, I am loving it and I play it a lot more than my other 360 games I have (NBA 2k6 - great game, just hate the NBA, and Perfect Dark 0). I am also seeing new animations every game I play and they are really impressive - this immerses me further into the game. I also agree that I cannot go back to Madden or even NCAA for the XBOX. For all the blasting EA gets (believe me, I wish we could see 2k football on the 360), I really think they did a good job and have met my expectations.
Old 11-30-2005, 05:51 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thank god for this thread. I love the game too, but because of all the negativity I had stopped reading this board for a while.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:20 PM   #55
Rookie

drustrk3's Arena

OVR: 4

I was looking for some ncaa 2k6 college hoops sliders and browsed this thread. Im gonna throw the game in again, because I was gonna throw it out after a few plays. You guys convinced me that it deserves a chance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2005, 02:00 AM   #56
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by drustrk3
I was looking for some ncaa 2k6 college hoops sliders and browsed this thread. Im gonna throw the game in again, because I was gonna throw it out after a few plays. You guys convinced me that it deserves a chance.
I'm really loving it. I had a great game today and beat the Colts with the Titans in the rain. That was a fun game and one of the best video game expieriences that I have had in awhile.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »