Home

Something to Ponder

This is a discussion on Something to Ponder within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2005, 09:26 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: Something to Ponder

Well that blows my whole conspiracy theory out the water, LOL.

Sorry to have embarked on a pointless journey...and sorry to have dragged you all into this.
Old 11-29-2005, 09:38 PM   #10
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Well that blows my whole conspiracy theory out the water, LOL.

Sorry to have embarked on a pointless journey...and sorry to have dragged you all into this.
I think it has alot to do with the difficulty programmers are having adapting to the muti-thread processors. You see problems even in the PC application arena. There could be a Sony-EA relationship behind the scenes too. It's really something left to speculation.

Old 12-09-2005, 06:00 PM   #11
MVP

Just an update on PS3 release...still something to ponder.
Does anyone know if there has been any info coming from EA about Madden on the PS3 ?

http://asia.reuters.com/news/newsArt...A-SONY-PS3.xml
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2005, 09:55 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombSong
Just an update on PS3 release...still something to ponder.
Does anyone know if there has been any info coming from EA about Madden on the PS3 ?

http://asia.reuters.com/news/newsArt...A-SONY-PS3.xml
Spring 06 in Asia and probably 6 months later in North America. I don't really think they're big on American football over in Europe and Asia. I could be wrong though. By the time it drops in the US they'll probably be ready for Madden 07.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:56 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here is what I think on the subject and I'm sure it's not the first time it's been said or that I'm the only one thinking this. I think EA just wanted to get Next-Gen. football out for graphics purpose ONLY. They spent a majority of there time on Madden for PS2 and Xbox to get it as good as they could, and realized they could not put that kind of time into the 360 version. In order to get the game out for launch(already midway through the football season) they just had to put a bare game together knowing people would buy it because it's Next-Gen football and NOT because the A.I and bugs would be fixed.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #14
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan20
Here is what I think on the subject and I'm sure it's not the first time it's been said or that I'm the only one thinking this. I think EA just wanted to get Next-Gen. football out for graphics purpose ONLY. They spent a majority of there time on Madden for PS2 and Xbox to get it as good as they could, and realized they could not put that kind of time into the 360 version. In order to get the game out for launch(already midway through the football season) they just had to put a bare game together knowing people would buy it because it's Next-Gen football and NOT because the A.I and bugs would be fixed.
I agree...even though I think the ps2 and xbox versions are lacking also...It seems like ea just had a bad year ...Live, Fight Night2,March Madness,NHL, and Madden were below average....MVP, and Ncaa football were hits though..They need a strong year next year because consumer patience is wearing thin.....
Old 12-13-2005, 08:03 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan20

Ok, I can understand that. Which leads me to my thinking, why remove most of the games features and make some worse(camara views). They would have done better to have just ported what they had current gen to next gen with the pretty graphics. (Noting that would not have been the BEST route, being they did monopolise the NFL License, and showoff a commercial that had you thinking the game was gonna be something better than what we have ever seen, prior to all this 'we didnt have time to finish')

All of us had varying degrees of expectations on what a "next-gen" game would be/should be so that can be debated. However, the pattern across the board with all EA's games for the X-box 360 has been release a pretty half baked game, with the exception of Need for Speed Most wanted.

With all that being said. I would think it would give one pause to at least consider, how is it the biggest game creator on the planet with all its resources have such a weak showing with its flagship game and other games.

They may have a very good reason, it just aint obvious to me.

A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2005, 08:14 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Maybe EA knew nobody would be able to get a 360 so they figured they could half a$$ it? Even if the game was great, there are only so many potential customers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »