Home

Please help...need Trade advice for franchise!

This is a discussion on Please help...need Trade advice for franchise! within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-02-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Please help...need Trade advice for franchise!

OK, it's the next year in my dynasty, an I have another draft day dilemma. I was hoping someone could give some advice.

Here the scenario:
*Joey Harrington has one year left in his contract, at 6.8M. Though in "real-life" he sucks, in the game he is a 93 rated QB, and has put up great numbers. Matt Leinhart is his backup, and is a 88 going into his second year....and will probably be in the low 90's after training camp. I have Leinhart locked up for 5 more years, and he cost around 2.5M this next season.
*Kevin Jones is my RB, and although he sucks in real life, he's a 95 in my dynasty. I have him for 2 more years, at 1.1M and 1.3M
*I have 10 draft picks, none in the 6th or 7th rounds, but my first pick is the last (#32) of the first round.
*the top five players in the draft include Laurence Maroney (RB), Adrian Peterson (RB) and Vince Young.
*I only have 10M in cap room to sign 10 picks.

To re-sign Harrington after this year, it's going to cost an arm and a leg...plus, do I want to do that when I have the younger, cheaper and almost as good Leinhart, on my squad?

I can trade Harrington and get the #1 overall pick. But, to do this, I have to send them a draft pick because I'm maxed out at 10. This would free up about 6M in cap room...but the #1 pick is going to eat that all back up in his contract. In 2 years, Kevin Jones is guaranteed a BIG payraise in 2 seasons (since he's a two-time pro-bowler, rated at a 95, and only making 1.3M per). If I trade Harrington, I can draft Peterson, sign him to a 7 year deal. After one more year, I can trade Kevin Jones for another top draft pick, and I'd have 90+ rated QB/RB in Leinhart and Peterson.

So, I guess my question is: should I trade Harrington to get Peterson, with the plan of splitting time between Peterson/Jones for 1 year, before trading Jones for another #1 pick next year, or should I keep Harrington for one last year, letting his contract expire (and get nothing when I lose him), and just be happy with the picks I've got?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #2
Return of Big Mike...

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Please help...need Trade advice for franchise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodhound79
OK, it's the next year in my dynasty, an I have another draft day dilemma. I was hoping someone could give some advice.

Here the scenario:
*Joey Harrington has one year left in his contract, at 6.8M. Though in "real-life" he sucks, in the game he is a 93 rated QB, and has put up great numbers. Matt Leinhart is his backup, and is a 88 going into his second year....and will probably be in the low 90's after training camp. I have Leinhart locked up for 5 more years, and he cost around 2.5M this next season.
*Kevin Jones is my RB, and although he sucks in real life, he's a 95 in my dynasty. I have him for 2 more years, at 1.1M and 1.3M
*I have 10 draft picks, none in the 6th or 7th rounds, but my first pick is the last (#32) of the first round.
*the top five players in the draft include Laurence Maroney (RB), Adrian Peterson (RB) and Vince Young.
*I only have 10M in cap room to sign 10 picks.

To re-sign Harrington after this year, it's going to cost an arm and a leg...plus, do I want to do that when I have the younger, cheaper and almost as good Leinhart, on my squad?

I can trade Harrington and get the #1 overall pick. But, to do this, I have to send them a draft pick because I'm maxed out at 10. This would free up about 6M in cap room...but the #1 pick is going to eat that all back up in his contract. In 2 years, Kevin Jones is guaranteed a BIG payraise in 2 seasons (since he's a two-time pro-bowler, rated at a 95, and only making 1.3M per). If I trade Harrington, I can draft Peterson, sign him to a 7 year deal. After one more year, I can trade Kevin Jones for another top draft pick, and I'd have 90+ rated QB/RB in Leinhart and Peterson.

So, I guess my question is: should I trade Harrington to get Peterson, with the plan of splitting time between Peterson/Jones for 1 year, before trading Jones for another #1 pick next year, or should I keep Harrington for one last year, letting his contract expire (and get nothing when I lose him), and just be happy with the picks I've got?
Are you playing this on the 360, XBOX, or PS2?

I would try to trade him for a draft pick. This way you won't be losing out so much in money and come next season you can have that much needed extra cash to sign your #1 draft pick + you can go after a free agent if possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »