Home

Try this for stat engine fix....

This is a discussion on Try this for stat engine fix.... within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-04-2005, 10:56 PM   #17
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Try this for stat engine fix....

I can't really say this with true certainty but it almost seems to me as if the sim engine bases how it plays in simmed games on the actual ai slider settings. I've played two seasons with a set of my own sliders based on the zero concept and haven't seen any outrageous stats (with the exception of Vick at about 1200 yards rushing). The QB passing yardage might be a bit low at Manning with 3,300 and leading the league but most starting QB's witht the exception of Boller and a few other younger guys have had good TD to INT ratios. As I stated, this is after two seasons and I can't say yet whether or not the offensive numbers will blow up in season three and beyond or not. But it might be worth doing some testing on stats in franchise vs. slider settings.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 1

I do not think you understand the problem. The problem is that the statistical numbers for recievers and running backs are too low, not too high. The only problem with outrageous stats has to do with Shaun Alexander or Clinton Portis getting 185 carries in a full season. Marvin Harrison and other top recievers are only getting about 50-70 receptions and barely 1,000 yds recieving.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #19
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

still nothing to solves these issues eh? sigh......
Old 12-07-2005, 09:19 PM   #20
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I still have yet to have one simmed season where the stats even remotely resemble what takes place in the NFL. WR receptions, yds and TDs are way too low. RB carries, yds and usually TDs are extremely low. I am dying to find something that works because I like the game and how it plays. It has to be either the playbooks or fatigue in this game. I have said it before, FBs should not get anywhere near 60 carries, let alone 160 carries and QBs (aside from Vick or R. Cunningham or Fran Tarkenton) do not rush for 1,000 freaking yds on a consistent basis. There are way too many teams with 4 WRs with over 45 receptions, but no one WR with over 60 receptions. Very strange.

I can't believe we have to put this much effort into making a next gen game create semi-realistic stats.

Say a prayer for a patch. I think I'm out of options.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:07 PM   #21
Pro

CptObvious's Arena

OVR: 9

Why are people even thinking about a patch? The HDD is OPTIONAL this year, where exactly are folks with memory cards going to store this "patch"? I highly doubt that a patch will be released
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #22
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

Well J, we've pleaded to EA on their official forums to fix it and they've at least chimed in. We don't know if they're going to do it or not, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I just want to know if I should keep the game or not. If they work on a patch, I'll keep it. If not, it's down the road. I really like the gameplay, but call me petty, without good simulated stats, I can't enjoy it enough to keep it. It's just in the back of my mind.... sigh...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »