Home

Has anyone played FEVER 2004 since getting MADDEN 06?

This is a discussion on Has anyone played FEVER 2004 since getting MADDEN 06? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2005, 10:53 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
Has anyone played FEVER 2004 since getting MADDEN 06?

Just curious to how you all felt about this game as well?

I just started playing again recently after along time off and must say that it is a surprisingly refreshing change of pace from Madden. I forgot how much I loved the player models and animations in this game. a WR actually looked like a WR rather than a MLB. The motion, hitting and gameplay was just so fluid.

Sure we all know it wasnt the deepest game with a pretty basic Frachise mode but even with it's somewhat limited and overly frustrating set of pre snap options, it still played a damn fun game of football which still, to this day, captures the feel of a RB getting thru a gap and breaking it into open field better then any other football game!

I wish Fever would makes its return on the 360 and improve the gameplay even further

what do you all think

this game could be fantastic with some extra attention and focus spend on improving some of it's weak areas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2005, 11:39 PM   #2
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Has anyone played FEVER 2004 since getting MADDEN 06?

As i've always said - if Fever had one or two more years, it could have been something special.

Fix up the franchise mode and improve the game's AI and you have a solid football game, because I think the mechanics are, to this day, some of the best in a football game.

Although, it's not going to happen, the series is dead.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

i played it until the 360 came out....the thing that kills me is people are willing to accept and overlook all of the shortcomings of madden(360) and go on to say wait until next year, but when fever had some of the same issues it was bashed in the head with a sledgehammer and burried. i'll keep my fever in my collection.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #4
MVP

Klocker's Arena

I'm playing Madden 360 and enjoying it (although player control leaves a lot to be desired).

I thought FEVER 2004 was ahead of its time and definitely holds up well when compared to this.
It's a damned shame that MS had to bow out.

then again after playing NBA 2k6, I'm utterly disappointed that we don't get an NFL 2k.
Old 12-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

The huge and I mean huge computer speed cheat ruined that game for me. I've never seen a speed cheat close to what Fever's was.

ohiost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2005, 04:00 PM   #6
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

True no one does Read and Lead like fever did it. Fever had a great running game and with Read And Lead a great passing game. All it needed were some tweaks, cause sometimes players would run to fast, sometimes not fast enough.

Well also wasn't fever the first to introduce footsteps in the snow, and having the players runn slower in the snow?

Well we can olny imagine what nfl fever 2006 could look like on the xbox 360
Old 12-07-2005, 06:39 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
True no one does Read and Lead like fever did it. Fever had a great running game and with Read And Lead a great passing game. All it needed were some tweaks, cause sometimes players would run to fast, sometimes not fast enough.

Well also wasn't fever the first to introduce footsteps in the snow, and having the players runn slower in the snow?

Well we can olny imagine what nfl fever 2006 could look like on the xbox 360
well that, and fever looked pretty crappy too
Old 12-07-2005, 08:01 PM   #8
MVP

Klocker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBalla
well that, and fever looked pretty crappy too
2004 looked pretty damned good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »