Home

Finished my season and the off season, Will answer questions

This is a discussion on Finished my season and the off season, Will answer questions within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Finished my season and the off season, Will answer questions

-Does the CPU go after the free agents that they should, or do the Colts pick up Culpepper in free agency or draft a WR in round 1

Seemed about the same as Madden 06 for the XBOX

-Are the contracts players sign realistic

Some are, and some are not. I have some guys with 91 rating making 450K a year, while an 88 LB is wanting 21 million.

-How does the draft look or operate and can you trade up/down during draft day?

I DO NOT like the way the draft is, some will. In the old versions you could sim up to your pick, not any more. You have to watch the whole draft. You can pick the speed, but MAX speed still isn't fast. You still see who everyone picks with each pick through all 7 rounds. You can choose to sim it if you want to.

-Do teams offer you trades?

Yes, however it's only trades for picks. You can't trade a draft pick for a player who has already been drafted. What I mean is If a guy is drafted ahead of me that I want, I can't trade my pick and another player for that other player. However it's still cool. It lets you know when teams have made trades. I didn't get offered a trade since I had the #32 pick.

-How are you liking/disliking player progression when it comes to your rookies and veterans?

I think the progression is kinda slow.

-Are you able to draft good players in later rounds (rounds 4 and beyond)?

The highest rated player I got was a CB in the first round who is ranked in the 60's!!! I didn't have a 2nd rounder, but I had picks in all the other rounds and all my players had 50 ratings or lower!!! I was pissed. I did get a WR with 99 speed, but his rating is 54.

-Can you/have you drafted a guy in round one and he's been disappointing/bust?

Each player has a potential meter, so you should know if he will be a bust or not.

-How do your rookies look--equipment wise--after you draft them? Are they varied looking or generic?

Havn't noticed yet.

-What about rookie faces? Do they have a lot or are you seeing the same 10 faces but just on different bodies?

Havn't noticed either

-One more thing, you do not get to scout rookies. It just starts the draft and every player has a scouting report done. I really do not like the draft. I still have not seen a draft in a game that I really like besides the last NFL2K game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2005, 12:47 AM   #2
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Finished my season and the off season, Will answer questions

Thanks...but can you elaborate more on the first question/answer? I never played Madden 06 and haven't played a Madden since like...2002 or 2003.

Also, if you could play the game more and then come back and answer the question about the rookies and how they look (equipment wise and face wise) I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

With the rookies, they are all random. Some have visors, some have taped ankles, some have arm bands. They do not have pictures for the rookies, just the teams logo. Their faces are random. My WR I drafted is white and has a red beard???

One thing I really don't like are the really really really low rankings for players. My 1st round draft Pick was a CB who was projected top 5 pick with a lot of potential is rated a 63, and his tackling is a 23?

I drafted a 6'4 WR and his catch is 50, and his stamina is a 22!!! WTF?
Old 12-14-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

How does the CPU QB operate? Does it seem to be looking for an open man and cleverly getting the ball to him gradually moving the chains or is it always looking for a deep bomb? Does it feel like the CPU knows where the first down marker is when passing?

On Xbox in 06 the CPU QB seems to throw almost half his balls deep, complete or not, and this results in no consistency in the CPU's offense. How's this on 360?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

How is the Super Bowl intro and ending? Is it the best you have ever seen or is it pretty lame and ordinary?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »