Home

Help with PC Madden 06, it's running at 5x the normal speed!

This is a discussion on Help with PC Madden 06, it's running at 5x the normal speed! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2005, 03:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Help with PC Madden 06, it's running at 5x the normal speed!

I upgraded my system to a new dual-core X2 Athlon, among a few other things, a couple of months ago. After the new upgrade and fresh OS install, Madden was one of the games to go back on the hard drive. I backed up all my settings and save files, and plugged those right back in before I even started up the game. The menus and everything were perfectly normal, but once I get into the game itself with the 3D graphics, the game is running at super speed.

Everything from the coin toss to on-field play is just running so damned fast. For example, on the opening kickoff, from time to kick and return, normally would take maybe 5-10 seconds in all (depends on how good of a runback it is ). On my super-speed Madden, it takes all of a second. You can see everything play out, it's not really skipping any frames, it's just the players run about 50 yards a second.

I gave up on it for a couple of months, but I want to play again, so I was hoping someone here could help me out. Hopefully it's a known problem with a known solution. FYI, all other games, such as NFS: Most Wanted, FEAR, BF2, etc. work fine on this comp, before and after the upgrade.

Thanks for any help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2005, 10:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Help with PC Madden 06, it's running at 5x the normal speed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision
I upgraded my system to a new dual-core X2 Athlon, among a few other things, a couple of months ago. After the new upgrade and fresh OS install, Madden was one of the games to go back on the hard drive. I backed up all my settings and save files, and plugged those right back in before I even started up the game. The menus and everything were perfectly normal, but once I get into the game itself with the 3D graphics, the game is running at super speed.

Everything from the coin toss to on-field play is just running so damned fast. For example, on the opening kickoff, from time to kick and return, normally would take maybe 5-10 seconds in all (depends on how good of a runback it is ). On my super-speed Madden, it takes all of a second. You can see everything play out, it's not really skipping any frames, it's just the players run about 50 yards a second.

I gave up on it for a couple of months, but I want to play again, so I was hoping someone here could help me out. Hopefully it's a known problem with a known solution. FYI, all other games, such as NFS: Most Wanted, FEAR, BF2, etc. work fine on this comp, before and after the upgrade.

Thanks for any help.
I also have a dual core (4200+), Just wondering if you are using an ATI card, I had a simliar issue a while back with a 9600xt. 1st thing I did was lower the AGP bus speed in the BIOS (from 8x to 4x) because the cpu thought I was overclocking my card. This seemed to help some but it was never quite right, it was either to fast or too slow.

In anycase, I ended up buying a 6800gt. Now I can run the game with all of the settings maxed out at 1600x1200 w/ no issues.

Wish I could help more....maybe post your specs....
Old 12-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
Captain Sarcastic

OVR: 6

Make sure the turbo button isn't pushed in.......WTF where am I?
Old 12-13-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredvision

Thanks for any help.
Are you sure you aren't doing the glich like on John Elway's football (lol)
Old 12-13-2005, 08:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texranger
I also have a dual core (4200+), Just wondering if you are using an ATI card, I had a simliar issue a while back with a 9600xt. 1st thing I did was lower the AGP bus speed in the BIOS (from 8x to 4x) because the cpu thought I was overclocking my card. This seemed to help some but it was never quite right, it was either to fast or too slow.

In anycase, I ended up buying a 6800gt. Now I can run the game with all of the settings maxed out at 1600x1200 w/ no issues.

Wish I could help more....maybe post your specs....
I'm running a 7800GT. I went from a single-core 3200+ & 6800GT to my 3800+ dual-core & 7800GT. New motherboard was in the works as well. Other parts include 1GB of PC3200, X-Fi Platinum card, nothing else really too special. The controller being used is a wireless Rumblepad 2.

I wish I could figure this out, I'd really like to play some football right now. I haven't done any troubleshooting besides reinstalling the game, because I just don't know where to start. I've had this same issue on multiple revisions of Forceware video drivers, so that's not it. I haven't upgraded any motherboard drivers, maybe that's where I'll turn next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2005, 08:10 PM   #6
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

http://www.maddennews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11

This should do the trick.
Old 12-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Thanks a ton, I'm not really sure why I didn't think to do this before. I've read about people doing this to fix issues with other games and dual-core processors, but I've never ran into the problem myself.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »