Home

WOW....Madden 360 is terrible!

This is a discussion on WOW....Madden 360 is terrible! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2005, 08:49 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: WOW....Madden 360 is terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caero
To me EA already nailed the coffin shut, when they proclaimed that the x360 was built from the ground up, which everyone but EA understood as a completely new game engine.

Sadly by releasing the 06 x360 junk, they pretty much have laid the roadmap for the 3rd generation of consoles (x360, ps3). That is of course if they will do as they always have with each new generation and that is to run the same engine 4-6 years in a row on the same generation of console. This time around they apparantly let their whole development apartment off and just more or less ported the 2nd generation console version in the last 3 weeks before release and thus not getting all of it over.

So do I have high hopes for 07 for the 3rd generation consoles? Not really. It will be the same flawed game engine, there will still be no physics engine and the only great new things will be bug fixes and the addition of all the things they left out this time around. It's really sad, but that is the impression I get when I think of Tiburon. Slackers.
I dont blame Tiburon but the corporate culture of EA. I think most developers want to make great games but that take resources. EA decided to spend their resources on agreements instead of research and development of their games. The "rag doll physics", gang tackleing, better ai takes money to develop and implement. The chances of EA making the killer next gen football game seem to be very slim. EA will make good football games but not the great football game.

I give until Madden 2008 when even the hardcore fan of the series will see the light.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:31 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

MS is partly to blame.. They gave EA & others a deadline they couldn't meet.. So you get a rushed game to the market..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 12-24-2005, 10:36 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
MS is partly to blame.. They gave EA & others a deadline they couldn't meet.. So you get a rushed game to the market..
the gameplay shold have been the primary focus, and it was not so we can't blame M$ for that...we also can't blame m$ for going ahead and releasing madden as it was not their decision,ea decided that madden was good enough to be released, they(EA) could have easily delayed the release of madden, and would not have lost one dime. the product could have been worlds better if they really gave a ish, but they(EA)don't...you go right on ahead and keep accepting and making excuses for EA, their mediocrity is a joke.

i dont' know about you but i am through being dragged along by EA.

Last edited by mr_president; 12-24-2005 at 10:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2005, 11:34 PM   #36
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
EA is the only one to blame, since they have been working on the game for 2 years, or so they say.

Last edited by Flawless; 12-24-2005 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:24 AM   #37
MVP

xrams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
Why talk about 2k football when it is dead like a team that got blown out in a super bowl.There is no way to bring it back.What I did was make long list of things that would improve this game like, tackling, run blocking etc.
I'm sorry.... so you win this SB by buying of the NFL...??? 2K was given the chance to suit up..... by your standards.....
Old 12-25-2005, 02:35 AM   #38
MVP

xrams's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I dont blame Tiburon but the corporate culture of EA. I think most developers want to make great games but that take resources. EA decided to spend their resources on agreements instead of research and development of their games. The "rag doll physics", gang tackleing, better ai takes money to develop and implement. The chances of EA making the killer next gen football game seem to be very slim. EA will make good football games but not the great football game.

I give until Madden 2008 when even the hardcore fan of the series will see the light.
this point is key.... 800mil for ESPN... 600mil for the NFL.... we can't compete with 2K.... so let give the sim ballers no alternative... will make them have to play our kiddy game...

but what about spending some cash on innovation...??

are you a new employee to EA....??? screw that...!!
Old 12-25-2005, 04:10 AM   #39
MVP

I'm not going spend 600 dollars to play "a good foundation" or "or a good start for next year" Thats the way people that like the game describe it...No next gen physics tackling engine. It's the same suck you into tackle/block it's always been. You see the plays where a player is stuck in their motion capture and 5 guys hit them and have no effect on the ball player at all. Many of the faces in madden 360 are off, what kind of half *** artists do they hire. The defensive controls are stripped, defense is one of my favorite parts of madden. And lots of game modes are missing and or stripped. I'll wait till madden is a more solid game to lay down half a grand.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:12 AM   #40
MVP

I forgot to mention how crappy madden online is compared to the awesome leagues and player stats espn2k5 had long ago. Everyone wants this and ea knows it, yet a smaller company that charged less listened to there fans.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »