Home

WOW....Madden 360 is terrible!

This is a discussion on WOW....Madden 360 is terrible! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2005, 06:25 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: WOW....Madden 360 is terrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HussleMan
Its fairly comical to see that most of the people complaining about Madden don't own a 360 or the game.
It’s fairly comical that you could somehow draw that conclusion without having any idea how true your statement actually is.
Old 12-26-2005, 07:51 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Its fairly comical to see that most of the people complaining about Madden don't own a 360 or the game.

Madden 360 is an extremely solid game..If Franchise and hot dog mode is your bag then this game is not for you..But if you enjoy solid head 2 head and online play its a must have. IMO the best game of football made to date.

Unlike other football sims Madden has an excellent balance of requiring the user to actually make plays as opposed to watching the cpu do it all and then cut to all the cutesy lil cut scenes and replays. Presentation is great but it can only go so far. Its all about gameplay...Madden 360 has the gameplay and looks great at the same time.

EA said all along that features would be cut so to whine and cry now about this or that feature that is missing is pointless...Rebuilding a game from scratch is a huge undertaking...Madden 360 is a great start for the next gen furture of football and a great foundation.

Wait just a minute here. In your mind, what does a football game need to be "extremely solid?" I ask because I have some things in my mind of what it needs and I'm sure that others have some ideas in there mind too of what a game needs to be "extremely solid." I am sure that what we have in our minds may be radically different than what you have in your mind. We may be commensurable on some points, who knows? I'd like to see hear, if you care to share, what elements are required for a football game to be "extremely solid?" Frankly guys what does a football game need to have to be "extremely solid"? I think this is a good question open for discussion.

Last edited by LBzrule; 12-26-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:22 PM   #51
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbubs
How can you judge a game after playing only 2 quarters???

You're like the other game reviewers who give negative reviews when they probably didn't give the game enough time. You can't judge a game after about 30 minutes of real time game play.
BINGO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2005, 12:52 PM   #52
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

Madden 360 is an extremely solid game..If Franchise and hot dog mode is your bag then this game is not for you..But if you enjoy solid head 2 head and online play its a must have. IMO the best game of football made to date.

Unlike other football sims Madden has an excellent balance of requiring the user to actually make plays as opposed to watching the cpu do it all and then cut to all the cutesy lil cut scenes and replays. Presentation is great but it can only go so far. Its all about gameplay...Madden 360 has the gameplay and looks great at the same time.

EA said all along that features would be cut so to whine and cry now about this or that feature that is missing is pointless...Rebuilding a game from scratch is a huge undertaking...Madden 360 is a great start for the next gen furture of football and a great foundation.
The gameplay is terrible. I could deal with everything else if the gameplay wasnt a polished port.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:54 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Wait just a minute here. In your mind, what does a football game need to be "extremely solid?" I ask because I have some things in my mind of what it needs and I'm sure that others have some ideas in there mind too of what a game needs to be "extremely solid." I am sure that what we have in our minds may be radically different than what you have in your mind. We may be commensurable on some points, who knows? I'd like to see hear, if you care to share, what elements are required for a football game to be "extremely solid?" Frankly guys what does a football game need to have to be "extremely solid"? I think this is a good question open for discussion.
that is an excellent question LB...when i read about people having problems with it they state all of the problems, they don't just say the running game is bad and not give reason, but the people that defend it just say the running game is gr8 but they don't offer why they think so.

for me a solid game of football has to include the basics of football in tact and working, if you ask me we are to far along to have to worry about suction blocking and phantom tackling, and forced annimations that take the control away from the player. and these along with the need to coach properly....2 arcade football games from EA leaves those that desire a sim in the dust.

Last edited by mr_president; 12-26-2005 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
i own the game.

Quote:
if you remove the word solid from this statement you might have an argument. and you must not own the game because franchise mode is in the game, owners mode is gone, but not franchise...i couild careless about owners mode.

Quote:
1.madden is not a sim,noteven close.
2.there is absolutely no balance in this game...you can break any run to the outside for again. and that's just one example there are many more.
3.you are not allowed to make plays because the cpu is always forcing you into annimations,thus removing control from the player..not to mention the horrible suction blocking and tackling...the only thing this game forces you to do is watch.
4.presentation is boring,players running out of a nonexistant tunnel, the cheesy jumbotron, and the radio announcer become boring after a few games.(he's going looooooong- yeah right into a 10 yard completion)
5. madden has the gameplay alright it's just to bad it's from the psone days.

Quote:

EA never mentioned the feature of being able to play football would be cut.
IMHO this is a horrible start and a lousy foundation and to think this will all be fixed for next year is a dream, and i'm just going off of the old EA track record

what tolook for in madden2007:
deeper fracnchise mode
more tackling annimations

what will still be there:
no gang tackling(has been there for 15 years-no change coming)
suction blocking(again another feature EA loves and can't seem to let go)
mario running( well since the other 2 are building blocks of all madden games we couldn't leave out mario)

nfl fever was closer to being a sim than madden 360.

Last edited by mr_president; 12-26-2005 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
EA never mentiong the feature of being able to play football would be cut.
Funny...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2005, 02:36 PM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wouldn't judge the next few years of Madden by this one game. If you read the interviews before release, EA admitted that the development cycle didn't allow them to add many of the features/gameplay enhancements they wanted to. But they all would be in for 07. The totally rebuilt the game engine and adding the bells and whistles wasn't in the cards for this game.

That said, I don't think the 360 version is terrible. I think it is kind of lackluster and stripped down. Add the polish for next year and the gameplay it is missing and then we are talking about a great game.

Alot of the people in this thread seemed to have never liked Madden in the first place, so why did you think that on a new console you would like it now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »