Home

Madden NFL 06 Review (Xbox 360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 06 Review (Xbox 360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-23-2005, 12:37 PM   #9
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 06 Review (Xbox 360)

5 out of 10, is EA paying you guys??

Just kidding, good review Shawn. I played the game a few times but I choose to keep my comments to myself. Although most of you should already know how I feel.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:00 PM   #10
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I couldn't agree with this review more. You just told it like it is, which is all consumers want. I was compleatly dissapointed in this game.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-23-2005, 04:52 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 5

good review, but I play the game for what it is now and what it will hopefully become in the future. It shows promise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2005, 07:47 PM   #12
Rookie

fsufan's Arena

OVR: 4

i really dont like this game. everytime i play this game i get bored of it. i find it boring just playin games the whole time and not bein able to do anything else. i would much rather go across the street to my friends house and play madden on the regular xbox. i find that game alot better. xbox 360 madden is just plain boring. i kinda wish i still had my xbox and didnt get a 360 cause im not that impressed. the only thing good about it is the graphics which needs alot of work on.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:17 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

It sound like Madden is a pretty woman without a personality. It's time for EA to really step up and make a great game. Tiburon has less than 8 months until Madden 2007.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:32 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

The review was exceptionally well written, and ultimately accurate. Good job!

Still, I'm enjoying Madded 360 for the many things it does right/better than its predecessors (less accurate QB passing, better running game, gorgeous graphics etc.). The core engine lays a solid foundation for the future, but I agree it is incomplete in its current state.

IF you approach it as a 'tech demo' peak into the future that is also fun to play, you end up satisfied with the game.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:09 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Great review. I couldn't have summed it up better myself. I bought into the hype and shelled out my 60+ dollars for the game. While it was neat to experience something different, I don't think EA should have charged consumers $60 for this game, especially considering how watered down it is. I mean, you can't even select which jersey you want your team to wear. Luckily, I kept my copy of Madden 06 for my PS2. It's ten times better than the 360 version. Here's hoping EA gets it right for 07.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2005, 01:31 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport73
IF you approach it as a 'tech demo' peak into the future that is also fun to play, you end up satisfied with the game.

I'm not trying to single you out or anything, but this part of your post sums up what many people who enjoy the game are saying.

... but should we have to approach ANY full-priced-final-version game like that? I think not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »