Home

Do you think EA held out certain stuff....

This is a discussion on Do you think EA held out certain stuff.... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #17
Rookie

fonzy003's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Do you think EA held out certain stuff....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoL2k
...on purpose?

Especially with their new NFL game "Head Coach" on the horizon?

yes, so they can spend more time on the ps3.
we will see if that version is stripped down too or all new fully loaded
Old 12-26-2005, 11:48 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzy003
yes, so they can spend more time on the ps3.
we will see if that version is stripped down too or all new fully loaded
Would they even release an 06 version for the PS3? I don't see the point when 07 would be right around the corner? All I'm saying is, Madden 07 should ATLEAST have the same capablitlites/features as the Madden 06 current version. I hope they don't just slowly put in features that they already had and advertise them as new. But, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt to put out a rock solid Madden for the 07 version.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:42 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyP
Whoever said NBA 2k6 was a fastbreak dunk-fest or whatever they said hasn't played that game. But we'll save that for the NBA 2k6 forum.
Oh trust me I've played and currently play the game...I'm in a league and this game is a fast break dunkfest...Of course its all about the way people play it but all you ever see online or in most games is a quick pass to half court or near half court..One more pass and a dunk...all day long.

Try to pack the middle with a 1-3-1 and watch a dunker just scramble around and dunk over the defense...No real meaningful physics in the game..I still enjoy the game and thjink its the best game on the market but its not my idea of where next gen should be in hoops. There needs to be less focus on dunking, more focus on fatigue and a system that forces players to actually call plays and run offense to get appropriate shots.
Old 12-26-2005, 06:44 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilateen
Drugs are bad for you.

Do you have a 360, 2k6 and Live 06?

definately...I'm in a league and I play and actually like the game but its definately not what I'd consider next gen..Its the same game on current gen just a lil bit prettier..Thats not a bad thing cause current gen is a good game.

2k needs to rewrite the engine and make a true next gen game from graphics to more importantly gameplay..and when I say gameplay I perdominantly mean physics
Old 12-26-2005, 08:56 PM   #21
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HussleMan
You seem to have a great understanding of the game development process...maybe you can share how it actually works so that your opinion of cramming over 10 years of code into a game in less than 2 years while also rebuilding the game works....Your feedback and insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I will be more happy to accommodate you.....

having development understanding is not necessary.... one only need look at a co.(EA) that felt so threatened by ONE opponent (VC) with a fraction of the resources.... It felt the need to spend 1.4bil to assassinate ONE single game....

That tells you all you need to know about the mentality of EA..... their business plan is to milk the consumer for as long as folk like you have faith.... they have already lowered there profit expectations for this fiscal yr.... ppl have been waiting for EA to improve on the same issues for 5yrs now.....

The only clever strategy they could put forth is using the next gen period as an excuse to repackage old features and sell them as(next gen) new... but wait... lets stagger them over the life of the NFL contract so as to justify now charging 60bucks...... recouping our whole sale buy out of the comp.... 2K....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2005, 09:19 PM   #22
All Star

nkhera1's Arena

OVR: 16

Of course they do. That is good business, they have to entice fans for next years version and as some poster above mentioned, if they really come up with a Head Coach game then that is another reason why they will have taken out much of the franchise mode. They do the same thing with their soccer versions (one game known as football manager and the other as Fifa) where the Franchise game is much more indepth but unfortunately you can't play the games; however, insted of simming those games you can play them on Fifa if you want to. I expect a similar thing from EA so that they will make more money.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:39 PM   #23
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkhera1
Of course they do. That is good business
And where does this good business leave the consumer...????
Old 12-26-2005, 09:42 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
And where does this good business leave the consumer...????
On their hands and knees, in doggy-style position. And some really like it that way, apparently.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »