Home

Making tackles on 360

This is a discussion on Making tackles on 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Making tackles on 360

Any advice, I'm using my mlb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2005, 09:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Making tackles on 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma
Any advice, I'm using my mlb.

If you do not line up 8 to 10 yds off the line of scrimmage, good luck defeating the block, because once they get you you are in trouble.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:38 PM   #3
Rookie

i've actually gotten a lot better with this, and I don't have to stay 8-10 yards off the los. In the past 2 games I've racked up 18 tackles or so. Along with 3 sacks.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:40 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma
i've actually gotten a lot better with this, and I don't have to stay 8-10 yards off the los. In the past 2 games I've racked up 18 tackles or so. Along with 3 sacks.

Great job. Now is this in franchise or no? If yes, what sliders are you using?
Old 12-29-2005, 07:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Great job. Now is this in franchise or no? If yes, what sliders are you using?
I'm using franchise, and I'm currently using a tweaked version of Big Ant's sliders.

The games are very realistic seeing as I'm using my sorry Jets. For example, I played Jacksonville last night. Uptil the fourth quarter, It's a tight 10-6 game in my favor, Bollinger is managing the game, and my run game is some what productive. The defense gives up a field goal after a long drive. Bollinger throws up a pick after that, and my tired defense can't seem to tackle Fred Taylor. Bollinger continues to throw picks, Taylor continues to own me. Great stuff. I just wish there were real draft classes.

The key is strafing though, it keeps you from getting sucked up sometimes, but not all the time. And you need a quick MLB. You really can't sit back and diagnose the play, you have to find where the HB is going and shoot the gap. Not exactly the most realistic way of playing LB, but it's better than nothing.

Hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

I play on All-Madden (generally get my head kicked in), but I have found one good way to get penetration with the DE is to line him up between your DT's on the A gap. Once every so often you'll be able to blow through the hole and get a sack. I think I've got 4 sacks in my last 2 games with a 70's rated DE (Bo Schobel).

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »