Home

defensive tackles more dominating

This is a discussion on defensive tackles more dominating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
defensive tackles more dominating

they need to make defensive tackles more dominating in the game it seems that any guard can block the best defensive tackle,but Dont make the DT invincible.I believe a defensive tackle with 99 str. should be able to push the guard off the line of scrimmage to disrupt a dive play or any play,but i see dt with 99 str get pancaked to much.Teams only play the 3-4 if they have a dt that can control both inside gaps. but on madden you dont see this. So a dt with 90 awareness 99 str. should almost be unblockable. and have to double teamed and free up linebackers on the blitz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: defensive tackles more dominating

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtCorn
they need to make defensive tackles more dominating in the game it seems that any guard can block the best defensive tackle,but Dont make the DT invincible.I believe a defensive tackle with 99 str. should be able to push the guard off the line of scrimmage to disrupt a dive play or any play,but i see dt with 99 str get pancaked to much.Teams only play the 3-4 if they have a dt that can control both inside gaps. but on madden you dont see this. So a dt with 90 awareness 99 str. should almost be unblockable. and have to double teamed and free up linebackers on the blitz
You can fix this with sliders. Anyways, strength and awareness are only part of being a good defensive lineman. Agility also has a lot to do with it. I agree that there are way too many pancakes on default. However, there are hardly any pancakes in the 360 version, making the game much more realistic in that aspect.
Old 01-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
You can fix this with sliders. Anyways, strength and awareness are only part of being a good defensive lineman. Agility also has a lot to do with it. I agree that there are way too many pancakes on default. However, there are hardly any pancakes in the 360 version, making the game much more realistic in that aspect.

yep, can be fixed with sliders, DT C. Griffin/Redskins for me had 10 sacks in my first season of my 360 franchise.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Old 01-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:

Although it can be fixed with sliders in franchise and off line games, this is the problem that we get when suction blocking is the primary model for offensive linemen The DT does not explode of the ball under his own power. He is sucked up into the offensive lineman
Old 01-08-2006, 12:33 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

i do think its less suction blocking in the 360 version between offensive and defensive linemen, ive seen some great battles watching a Dlinemen trying to get to the QB, but its much more apparent when u are using a LB or Safety trying to go make a tackle.

|Washington Redskins| |Alabama Crimson Tide| |Boston Redsox| |Georgetown Hoyas|

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedy
My September 15th glitch is still broken even after downloading the latest patch... I won't be purchasing another one of your titles again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by meep316
You moron they didn't even put out a patch yet.
LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
they need to make defensive tackles more dominating in the game
I couldn't agree more. I recently played a franchise game against Dallas where somehow the punter ended up at the RG position. Seeing this I thought I would have ended up with a few sacks by the end of the first half. No, not at all. Ryan Pickett could not even get by him. I thought that was kind of ridiculous.
I put Madden 05 in my xbox (as my 360 had to be sent back to Microsoft) and it seemed like spin/swim/power moves actually worked with decent players.
I understand that a strong OL should shut defensive players down, but when all you can do is "dance" with the OL at the line of scrimmage it takes away from the game.
Old 01-08-2006, 10:42 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee_mac
I couldn't agree more. I recently played a franchise game against Dallas where somehow the punter ended up at the RG position. Seeing this I thought I would have ended up with a few sacks by the end of the first half. No, not at all. Ryan Pickett could not even get by him. I thought that was kind of ridiculous.
I put Madden 05 in my xbox (as my 360 had to be sent back to Microsoft) and it seemed like spin/swim/power moves actually worked with decent players.
I understand that a strong OL should shut defensive players down, but when all you can do is "dance" with the OL at the line of scrimmage it takes away from the game.
cpu should force cpu teams to sign linemen to fix that problem, i hate that when punters and backs are linemen, but i had that happen and c.griffin (was) got 4 sacks off that.
Old 01-09-2006, 03:19 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 7

I play with Chicago . Default sliders on All-Pro for the most part and Im pretty happy with my DT play. Both Tommie Harris and Ian Scott make tons of tackles for me. Not a lot of sacks , but they are both involved in a lot of plays. Especially Ian Scott. Hes a BEAST for my squad. Which is funny becuase Harris is rated a lot higher. I will check their attributes and see what is giving Scott the advantage over Harris. may just dicover the key for good DT play.
Minnesota Wild

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »