Home

Craziest thing you seen or did on madden

This is a discussion on Craziest thing you seen or did on madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Craziest thing you seen or did on madden

i had vince young, (draft class 06), took him no. 1 overall with the redskins, his first snap, PA bomb to Santana Moss, he overthrow s.moss, but he threw the ball FROM HIS 10 yd line to the opp. 10 yd line, AMAZING STUFF
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Craziest thing you seen or did on madden

I was the patriots and it was the 4th quarter, down a td. 4th and 20 or so. I chucked a long one up and their defender comes in and tries to bat it down but when he does Troy Brown comes from out of nowhere makes the catch, stiff arms a guy and picks up a huge gain. I went on to win it in ot with a FG.
Old 01-09-2006, 07:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 11

while watching my son play as the giants against the chargers, drew brees droped back to throw a pass, he released the ball and it went 30 yards behind him, no one tipped it, there wasn't even a defender anywhere near him..brees released the ball and it went in reverse, and they ruled it a fumble., so michael strahan runs the 30 yards ,recovers the ball, and runs 60 yards for the score....it was so bad my wife asked if this was a demo as my son laughed at it while watching the replay???
Old 01-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #4
Rookie

Steelers (My boy) vs. the Bengals (me) -

About 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, the score was Cincinatti 13, Pittsburgh 10. I was at the 11 yard line looking to put myself up for good... I call a "fb fake hb toss" to the left, Rudi Johnson takes it wide, turns it upfield, and races Troy Polamalu and Joey Porter to the goalline. He gets to the 5, dives for the endzone, and goes horizontal while Porter grabs hits him in his legs. Rudi still has momentum going toward the pylon while his head is pointed toward the goalpost. In comes Polamalu with a jarring shoulder (truck stick) to the upper part of Rudi's body. BOOM! Just before his outstretched hand can put the ball on the pylon, Rudi is helicoptered out of bounds as he is separated from the ball (which also went out of bounds). What a monster of a defensive play. I wound up kicking a field goal and eventually winning 16 - 10, but that play pretty much summed up how the game went from start to finish. A classic. And we're talkin' 8 minute quarters, too!
Old 01-13-2006, 09:37 PM   #5
Rookie

dbly32's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun Assassin
Steelers (My boy) vs. the Bengals (me) -

About 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter, the score was Cincinatti 13, Pittsburgh 10. I was at the 11 yard line looking to put myself up for good... I call a "fb fake hb toss" to the left, Rudi Johnson takes it wide, turns it upfield, and races Troy Polamalu and Joey Porter to the goalline. He gets to the 5, dives for the endzone, and goes horizontal while Porter grabs hits him in his legs. Rudi still has momentum going toward the pylon while his head is pointed toward the goalpost. In comes Polamalu with a jarring shoulder (truck stick) to the upper part of Rudi's body. BOOM! Just before his outstretched hand can put the ball on the pylon, Rudi is helicoptered out of bounds as he is separated from the ball (which also went out of bounds). What a monster of a defensive play. I wound up kicking a field goal and eventually winning 16 - 10, but that play pretty much summed up how the game went from start to finish. A classic. And we're talkin' 8 minute quarters, too!
I LOVE THAT PLAY! They have the one where he actually gives to the FB and fakes toss to the running back, that's a good one to have as an audible to catch the D off guard in a no huddle situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
Banned

Head Coach's Arena

OVR: 4

One time me and my cousin were playing madden 2002 when a fumble happenned and a big pile jumped on the ball. The bounced around under the pile of people who fighting for it for about 2 or 3 minutes. It was hilarious,no one could pick up the ball it kept bouncing around as the players kept gathering around it to grab it. For about 3 minutes noone could pick up the ball.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

One time back in 2001, I played Madden and it actually played LIKE A REAL FOOTBALL GAME...haha, couldn't resist.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:54 PM   #8
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

A few months back I kicked an onside kick, and it bounced into the air and landed into a group of about 10-12 players, but never hit the ground. It just bounced off helmets and shoulder pads over and over and over and over. It went on for about three straight minutes then I turned the game off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »