Home

Madden on the PC???

This is a discussion on Madden on the PC??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Madden on the PC???

So how does Madden on the PC stack up against the XBOX and XBOX360 version....

I was thinking of getting that....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #2
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Madden on the PC???

If Madden on the 360 wasn't missing SO many things , it would come close to the PC version (depending on your pc specs). But PC IMO is better than any of them. I am still giving the 360 version a chance and it some ways it is better but the little things are killing it (such as no refs on the field).
The PC version has all the editors available for it which helps out alot if you're a realistic stats freak. If you're just a pass on rookie mode kind of player that likes to score 105 pts a game, then stay with what you have.

I think the 360 version would be so much better if the camera was better. I mean, everything looks great and again, it tops the PC version in 'some' areas here but the view just makes it harder to play and I'm comparing the 360 played on a 32" HD LCD to the PC version playing on a 19" monitor and I can see so much better on the PC. But, you have to remember, I have always played on the PC and perhaps I'm just not used to the 360 yet. You could get 2005 for PC pretty cheap I would think. There isn't much different other than the vision cone.

But since I have been comparing PC and 360, PC blows Xbox1 out of the water. Again, that is just my opinion. Take it how you wish.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:22 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

The PC's graphics are based on PS2 and XBOX Madden, but better if you have a good graphics card. If you want a closer look at the graphics, you can dig up my thread in Dynasty Central, "The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty", which I was running til I began having computer problems. There are screens in there, and the only graphics options set on the highest quality is the player models and player textures, and the pics were cropped from 800x600x32 resolution screen captures.

The main things going for the PC version in my eyes are: the amount of editors available for it, which allows for easier maintenance of franchise files, rosters, etc.; the export stats feature, which is good if you are like to post your franchise on the web; and the create-a-team feature, which allows you to flat-out make your own helmets, field art, and logos however you want them to look, rather than just using Madden presets. I've got the whole XFL made on my computer, just for an example.

Gameplay is very similar, though I'd say if you are gonna get Madden PC, get the Logitech controller or something comparable with it; I can't imagine playing Madden on a keyboard. I will say that Madden PC does feel slightly more balanced than Madden PS2 (I can't judge the XBOX or 360 versions, which I have never played).

The one thing I will warn you about though, is that for whatever reason, the game keeps hanging on my system (WinXP Pro, P4 3GHz, 1 GB ram, 100+GB HD) due to some sort of problem in the ATI Radeon X300. I haven't a clue what the problem is, and when I contacted ATI, they didn't either. So hopefully you have something other than the X300 for a graphics card.

Last edited by CM Hooe; 01-13-2006 at 07:26 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
The PC's graphics are based on PS2 and XBOX Madden, but better if you have a good graphics card. If you want a closer look at the graphics, you can dig up my thread in Dynasty Central, "The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty", which I was running til I began having computer problems. There are screens in there, and the only graphics options set on the highest quality is the player models and player textures, and the pics were cropped from 800x600x32 resolution screen captures.

The main things going for the PC version in my eyes are: the amount of editors available for it, which allows for easier maintenance of franchise files, rosters, etc.; the export stats feature, which is good if you are like to post your franchise on the web; and the create-a-team feature, which allows you to flat-out make your own helmets, field art, and logos however you want them to look, rather than just using Madden presets. I've got the whole XFL made on my computer, just for an example.

Gameplay is very similar, though I'd say if you are gonna get Madden PC, get the Logitech controller or something comparable with it; I can't imagine playing Madden on a keyboard. I will say that Madden PC does feel slightly more balanced than Madden PS2 (I can't judge the XBOX or 360 versions, which I have never played).

The one thing I will warn you about though, is that for whatever reason, the game keeps hanging on my system (WinXP Pro, P4 3GHz, 1 GB ram, 100+GB HD) due to some sort of problem in the ATI Radeon X300. I haven't a clue what the problem is, and when I contacted ATI, they didn't either. So hopefully you have something other than the X300 for a graphics card.

Thanks...I have the 360 version...But I am feeling the need for Madden 06 BNG (Before Next-Gen)....

I have a P4 3.2 Gg.......2 gigs of Ram......ATI X800XT...and I am thinking of getting the XBOX 360 controller for my PC....

If I can find it cheap...I think I may pick it up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »