Home

For those who have played the Madden 360 demo...

This is a discussion on For those who have played the Madden 360 demo... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
For those who have played the Madden 360 demo...

Are there any significant differences between the actual game and the demo? I downloaded and played the demo last night and it just didn't "feel" right. It seemed like I had less control of what was happening than on the regular XBox version. Thanks for any comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2006, 05:06 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: For those who have played the Madden 360 demo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barky
Are there any significant differences between the actual game and the demo? I downloaded and played the demo last night and it just didn't "feel" right. It seemed like I had less control of what was happening than on the regular XBox version. Thanks for any comments.
I didn't play the demo but I do have the actual game and had the PS2 version before I got my 360. At first it felt wierd but now that I'm used to it I do think it's a better representation of football. Madden 360 hasn't gotten the most favorable reviews but IMO it's a better football game.

I said football game. If you value the mini camp, fantasy draft, and everything else that was left out then don't get it. But if you spend most of your time playing football then like I said, it's a better football game.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by i3man
I didn't play the demo but I do have the actual game and had the PS2 version before I got my 360. At first it felt wierd but now that I'm used to it I do think it's a better representation of football. Madden 360 hasn't gotten the most favorable reviews but IMO it's a better football game.

I said football game. If you value the mini camp, fantasy draft, and everything else that was left out then don't get it. But if you spend most of your time playing football then like I said, it's a better football game.
That's interesting. Even with all of the football game problems mentioned by others such as sideline catches going out of bounds, receivers going out of bounds and coming back to make catches? Can you explain more why you think it is a better football game?
Old 01-28-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjoe
That's interesting. Even with all of the football game problems mentioned by others such as sideline catches going out of bounds, receivers going out of bounds and coming back to make catches? Can you explain more why you think it is a better football game?
For starters you actually have good punt return AI. IMO that was a game killer in this year's Madden. Punt returns are a huge part of football games and to see EVERY PUNT PLAY where your blockers form a semi circle around the return man and don't block a single guy and let the gunners run right through them like swiss cheese is unforgivable. And if not mistaken the blockers are looking at the return man rather than looking up field at the gunners.

Last edited by i3man; 01-28-2006 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I downloaded the demo but after 1 to 2 min the game freezes. always. What a ****ty demo. Just fo rthe info, I play pgr3 almost 2-3 hours in a row everyday never has it froze. Its also the only demo that freezes. Hate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #6
Th* m*n...

Slymm's Arena

OVR: 22

Mine has never frozen so it must be you.
NBA: Los Angeles Lakers
MLB: San Francisco Giants
Old 01-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slymm21
Mine has never frozen so it must be you.
hmm...what should i do?
Old 01-29-2006, 12:07 AM   #8
Pro

kapo's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude
hmm...what should i do?
Have you tried deleting the demo and downloading again? Thats the only thing i can think of if your problem is just with that demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »