Home

49ers Franchise ?

This is a discussion on 49ers Franchise ? within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-02-2006, 10:07 PM   #9

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: 49ers Franchise ?

I first began one with the Niners also and for some reason the Redskins traded me Arrington straight up for Bryant Young and after simulating the first year I went 8-8 and in the offseason ended up getting Freeney when Indy cut him for some reason, when Indy kept cutting players right and left following the next season thats when I gave up and started over but it was enjoyable for a little bit trying to build up the Niners.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:22 AM   #10
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Just finished the first game of season 2 (simmed season 1) with the 49ers. It was a great game on the road against the Vikings. We were up 14-3 at the break. We gave up 10 but got the ball back. Alex Smith's only mistake of the game was the one that cost us. He threw a pick which Fred Smoot took to the house. We drove but ran out of time and lost 19-14. Alex Smith was 21/42 for 198 Yds with 2 TDs and 1 Int. Kevan Barlow had 18 Car for 98 Yds. My man Brandon Lloyd had 12 Rec for 120 Yds and a TD. This was with FF sliders converted to console.

Oh, by the way, how come noone told me about the formation specific audibles this year? That's a really sweet addition and will make getting out of a jam MUCH easier. I did the quick pass alot this game because the cpu like to stack the box. I also used the run alot in situations where they only put six in the box. Again, nice feature EA.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:51 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Following this draft we went 10-6 and made the playoffs but lost in the first round. In the 2007 season, we finished 11-5 and got a first round bye. We host the Falcons in the divisional round. Barlow gave me about 1100 yds and Alex Smith gave me about 2400 passing yards with 18 TD and 17 Int.

Pro Bowlers:
FB - Fred Beasley, 25 att, 6 td, 59 yds, 2.3 avg
WR - Brandon Lloyd, 80 rec, 6 td, 1021 yds, 12.7 avg
TE - Eric Johnson, 74 rec, 2 td, 703 yds, 9.5 avg
RG - Eric Heitmann, 90 pbk, 9 sack, 90 rbk, 53 pancake

I'm surprised we didn't send any defenders to the Pro Bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2006, 08:30 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Picked up Calvin Johnson in the first round of the 2008 draft. He made a huge impact in preseason but over the long haul, rookie WR Xavier Carter (LSU) made the biggest difference. He made the Pro Bowl in this, his rookie season, as the Starting K/PR for the NFC. I'm really proud. Eric Johnson is now an impact player. I'm in sort of a dilemma now though. Alex Smith is consistently passing for over 2000 yards and I know that's primarily because we're a running team. This is only the second season we've missed the playoffs and I wonder if I should make a change at QB or if I should continue to ride with Smith. I mean, he's taken us to the playoffs twice in 3 years....since simming the first season. I'm also thinking of maybe moving Kevan Barlow. He's given us 1000 yards each season but his sub 4 ypc average isn't very impressive. But, as I said, we've been winning.

2008 Results:
9-7
Pro Bowlers:
WR - Xavier Carter (R) - K/PR - 43 KR, 1167 Yds, 53 PR, 631 TD, 1 TD
LOLB - Julian Peterson - 81 Tack, 2 FR, 6 Sack, 3 Int
MLB - Derrick Smith - 103 Tack, 1 FR, 14 Sack, 2 Int
P - Andy Lee - 86 Punts, 3686 Yds, 42.8 Avg, 34 In 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »