Home

EA sells the same amount of copies of Madden without competion from 2K football!

This is a discussion on EA sells the same amount of copies of Madden without competion from 2K football! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2006, 09:39 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: EA sells the same amount of copies of Madden without competion from 2K football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
You would of expected the number of copies sold to at least double since they are the only NFL game but that does'nt seem to be the case.
Questionnable logic here. Your saying that the sales should have AT LEAST DOUBLED means that you think that:

a) 2K sold as many or more copies as Madden when they were around

b) None of the people who had 2K also had Madden

Neither of these is true so how could the number of 2K gamers buying Madden since 2K is no longer around cause sales to double?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: EA sells the same amount of copies of Madden without competion from 2K football!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
Questionnable logic here. Your saying that the sales should have AT LEAST DOUBLED means that you think that:

a) 2K sold as many or more copies as Madden when they were around

b) None of the people who had 2K also had Madden

Neither of these is true so how could the number of 2K gamers buying Madden since 2K is no longer around cause sales to double?
Both excellent points. I don't know of a business out there who could realistically expect their sales to double in just one year, whether they've eliminated competition or not.

The thing to remember is this. The NFL2K series is not Madden's ONLY competition. They're competing against ANY video game that their target demographic would be interested in.

In my profession, one could say that because we're the only sports radio station in town, we have no competition. That isn't true, though. We're competing against the Modern Rock stations, the News Talk stations, the Classic Rock stations, and any other station that draws in our target audience, males ages 25-54. Madden, I'm sure, is viewed the same way.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:14 PM   #27
ObiWanJenkins

OVR:

Just a question. How much did Take Two innovate its NFL franchise in the face of no serious competition?

Old 02-05-2006, 09:55 AM   #28
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

See I don't think anyone was going to get the exclusive until Ea made a offer they couldn't refuse. It's kind of funny that all the years of videogame that there were no real exclusives until Ea started throwing around their money. Nascar racing- Was threatened by the ever popular growing big time series nascar racing Season by Sierra. That game was pure sim and it was going around that as people tried it they couldn't go back to Nascar by Ea.. College football- While many agree that College football 2k series was weak. It was gaining momentum by taking the gameplay from the 2k series. Golf- Tiger woods series- It was being threatened by a links game that was starting to come on to the xbox and it was BIG on the pc. It was a true sim golf game. Tiger Wood is pure arcade. Nba- Ea tried to get the Nba license because WELL the 2k series again was arguably the better for a couple of years. Bottom line is If Ea feels threatened then they will by out the Area that the game company is threatened
Old 02-05-2006, 10:24 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
It's kind of funny that all the years of videogame that there were no real exclusives until Ea started throwing around their money. Nascar racing- Was threatened by the ever popular growing big time series nascar racing Season by Sierra. That game was pure sim and it was going around that as people tried it they couldn't go back to Nascar by Ea..
Yeah i'm really pi$$ed about the Nascar thing. Not only did they eliminate the competition but they dropped their PC game because it was utter crap even after their highly touted Nascar Sim Racing.

And the only thing they accomplished was to increase the market value of Papyrus' Nascar Racing Season 2003 which now sells for upwards of $150 new on ebay.

Nice going EA your the best

Last edited by Rodster; 02-05-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:37 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

What alot of you guys seem to lose focus of is the fact that we'll never no how far back this could put back video gaming football because we'll never know what NFL 2K6 or any other iteration after could have brought to the table and helped inovate the genre and in the process motivate EA to make a better Madden game . In an ironic way, you the Madden fans are the ones that are going to suffer just as much as us 2K fans because without competion Madden will never be all that it could have been and sadly will never know what both games could have REALLY been . Now excuse me while I cry some more about this whole STUPID situation! Curse you EA and the NFL!!!!!!!!!!! By the way just in case you didn't know EA and the NFL was the reason we never got another Tecmo Superbowl game, they wouldn't grant them a license because EA **** blocked them, bastards. Tecmo and NFL 2K lives forever.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:09 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny
What alot of you guys seem to lose focus of is the fact that we'll never no how far back this could put back video gaming football because we'll never know what NFL 2K6 or any other iteration after could have brought to the table and helped inovate the genre and in the process motivate EA to make a better Madden game . In an ironic way, you the Madden fans are the ones that are going to suffer just as much as us 2K fans because without competion Madden will never be all that it could have been and sadly will never know what both games could have REALLY been . Now excuse me while I cry some more about this whole STUPID situation! Curse you EA and the NFL!!!!!!!!!!! By the way just in case you didn't know EA and the NFL was the reason we never got another Tecmo Superbowl game, they wouldn't grant them a license because EA **** blocked them, bastards. Tecmo and NFL 2K lives forever.
As Lee Corso likes to say "not so fast my friend". It appears 2K/VC are working on a Non-NFL Football game. If that's true we might get to compare the two in the near future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #32

ubernoob's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny
You mean another Tecmo game after the PlayStation game ??

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »