Home

Old 02-18-2006, 01:12 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: madden 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I have to disagree with you Lb. Madden 360 is no where near as fluid on the field as current gen. Seeing my defensive player get swooped up by an offensive player from 5 (or more) yards away to get engaged in a block is very irritating. One second you think your getting a good angle to make a play them "woooosh" the Offensive gravity gun pulls you sideways to a block.
Just my .02
It's in current gen too, just not as noticeable. The gravatational pull is just not as great. Maybe it's because the players are smaller. All you gotta do in current gen is play MLB you will feel it. If it is not that then it is suction tackle. You have the RB and think you are going somewhere and then you get sucked into someone who should not even make the play. And let's not even talk about the B.S defenses that shut down everything in current gen like 3-3-5, Quarters and Dime Odd. On neither one have they figured out double team blocking or real gang tackling. So yeah, I'm willing to agree that current gen is smoother but the mechanics are the same to me.
Old 02-18-2006, 07:35 AM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
It's in current gen too, just not as noticeable. The gravatational pull is just not as great. Maybe it's because the players are smaller. All you gotta do in current gen is play MLB you will feel it. If it is not that then it is suction tackle. You have the RB and think you are going somewhere and then you get sucked into someone who should not even make the play. And let's not even talk about the B.S defenses that shut down everything in current gen like 3-3-5, Quarters and Dime Odd. On neither one have they figured out double team blocking or real gang tackling. So yeah, I'm willing to agree that current gen is smoother but the mechanics are the same to me.
Yes it's certainly in current gen (heck it's in every Madden ever made). That along with only 2 camera angles(and some other things like the features as you said) makes it IMO a rental at best.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:51 AM   #19
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Ok, let me ask the next question:used copies of the game can be had on eBay for around $40.00 + s/h. In your opinion is it worth picking up at that price?
yes, it is better than $60+

Last edited by CaptainZombie; 02-18-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:09 AM   #20
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9

Madden 360 is really not that bad a game. The only reason that makes the game bad is all the missing features and a few gameplay things they need to work on. That will all be fixed next year and all the previous gameplay modes will be put back in and the game will be fine. The game was rushed we all know that by now, but its def better then what a lot of people are giving it credit for.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:26 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU
Madden 360 is really not that bad a game. The only reason that makes the game bad is all the missing features and a few gameplay things they need to work on. That will all be fixed next year and all the previous gameplay modes will be put back in and the game will be fine. The game was rushed we all know that by now, but its def better then what a lot of people are giving it credit for.

Well to me it's bad and not because of missing features and modes. But I'm not going to rehearse it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2006, 02:42 PM   #22
Rookie

trinity18's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't think people are saying that it is flat out bad, just that it is not worth $60 bucks.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

It is redundant now, but I feel the same as most everyone else has. It was purely about the eyecandy. A buddy of mine let me borrow his 360 with Madden and Live, and there was just something "not right" with them. It just didn't play like I felt it should, and all they seemed to be doing was showing off the visuals. Now I am admitedly not the biggest fan of Madden's football period, but I know that the regular version plays MUCH better than what this version for 360 did.
The game also lacked alot of the expanded features of the current gen version. I did however like the announcing in the 360 version. Primarily the fact that it had no Madden or Michaels in it and was more of a radio broadcast style. Sure hope they improve upon this with having more time for it next year.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:11 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity18
I don't think people are saying that it is flat out bad, just that it is not worth $60 bucks.
i'm saying madden 360 is flat out bad and i'm not talking about missing features, and the fact that it's $60 makes it worse....there is one missing feature that i wish had made it in and that's gameplay.

...i happen to think that 07 is going to be just as bad in the game play dept. yeah a couple of things will get ironed out, but not nearly enough...this gameplay problems is an EA thing, they haven't been able to shake these gameplay problems over the past 15 years, what makes people think they'll finally get it next year??

Last edited by mr_president; 02-18-2006 at 05:46 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »