Home

Old 02-14-2006, 05:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
madden 360

wanted an opinion on madden 360. i have heard and read that its not worth getting as far as the game play and some features missing just wanted to see if its worth the money and can be fixed with sliders or to just wait till next years game??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: madden 360

I think it depends on the shape of your finances. If 60 dollars is nothing to you then spending it on this game, I guess. But if 60 dollars means alot to you, I'll tell you up front, for me that 60 dollars would go elsewhere. But for the best test, I'd sey rent it and see from your perspective whether ot not it deserves your 60 bucks. All I can say is the price of games in the next gen will make me be much more critical and careful until my finances change.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:15 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I think it depends on the shape of your finances. If 60 dollars is nothing to you then spending it on this game, I guess. But if 60 dollars means alot to you, I'll tell you up front, for me that 60 dollars would go elsewhere. But for the best test, I'd sey rent it and see from your perspective whether ot not it deserves your 60 bucks. All I can say is the price of games in the next gen will make me be much more critical and careful until my finances change.
I agree about the price making a pretty big difference this generation. I know it's just in my head, but to me it has to be a stellar game for me to pony up $60, where as the $50 games I'd buy ones on the fringe. I have this feeling that the $60 price point isn't going to increase revenues as much as they think it will, and may even reduce them. At $60, I'd have a hard time justifying all the sports games every year.

Taylor34
Old 02-15-2006, 09:58 AM   #4
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Ok, let me ask the next question:used copies of the game can be had on eBay for around $40.00 + s/h. In your opinion is it worth picking up at that price?
Old 02-15-2006, 10:19 AM   #5
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Ok, let me ask the next question:used copies of the game can be had on eBay for around $40.00 + s/h. In your opinion is it worth picking up at that price?
Man I am telling you to just go out and rent it...Which i should have done..in my opinion it's definently not worth 60 bucks and to be honest i would have a hard time giving 40 bucks for it..It's just my opinion but it was a giant letdown for me really, I lost interest in madden 360 after 2 weeks of trying to like it..I went back to madden for my x-box if that tells you anything...rent it man!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Man I am telling you to just go out and rent it...Which i should have done..in my opinion it's definently not worth 60 bucks and to be honest i would have a hard time giving 40 bucks for it..It's just my opinion but it was a giant letdown for me really, I lost interest in madden 360 after 2 weeks of trying to like it..I went back to madden for my x-box if that tells you anything...rent it man!!!
It's sort of a moot point in my case, since I still haven't found a 360 (my search has been limited to the various Best Buys around town because I have $300.00 in gift cards I want to use). I have played it at a buddy of mine's house, but not anywhere near enough to really get a good feel for the game. When (if?) I actually find a 360, I will probably do as you suggest.
Old 02-15-2006, 12:19 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 9

Graphics aside, the current gen games blows away the 360 version.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:41 PM   #8
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7
Icon13 Re: madden 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Graphics aside, the current gen games blows away the 360 version.
This game stunk all the way around...it was as if EA took a few steps back in this game...you can't change the camera angle...when calling plays everybody knows what play your calling and the graphics are sub-par at best...save your money and pick up another sports title. This game is a huge disappointment!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »