Home

A 2K Sports Fanatic's Take On Madden 360

This is a discussion on A 2K Sports Fanatic's Take On Madden 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #9
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: A 2K Sports Fanatic's Take On Madden 360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
If EA doesnt get rid of suction blocking there game will always have huge problems in gameplay...because of it I can give you a headache while running it circles with vick..because of how bad it is.
That is true; I have noticed that. It is very very difficult to get past a lineman.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:21 PM   #10
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingOfVa
I agree, without competition it's no point in EA Sports improving their games. NFL 2k on the 360 and PS3 would look amazing plus we never know what other companies would have created a NFL game. Hopefully Madden is alot better this year.
Says who? MLB2k6 doesnt look that great on the 360 and neither does 2k's NBA game. Of course I like both EA and 2k football so I would have liked both to be on the 360.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:53 PM   #11
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

i too am surprised by 360 madden ..i am a big 2k nut and i have to say the graphics are unbelievablee and i dont have a HDTV...gameplay is diffrent from the other consoles which to me is a plus. I really dont care about mini games this game is not as bad as they say altho i need to spend more time with it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

My buddy who's a manager at EB and is a huge Madden fan didn't even buy the game, infact he hated it. Honestly I played the game a little on the Kiosk. I thought the game was OK once I got past the sweet graphics, the same feeling I got from NBA Live 360. It wasn't worth $60 plus tax. So i'll wait to see what Madden 07/360 looks like this year.

I purchased Madden 06 on the PC and i'm digging the game with Hi Res graphics, plus I got the game for $20.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4435
Says who? MLB2k6 doesnt look that great on the 360 and neither does 2k's NBA game. Of course I like both EA and 2k football so I would have liked both to be on the 360.

your smokin' nba 2k is hot!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 12:00 AM   #14
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Until EA starts blowing people's socks off with their 360 titles I am contempt with sticking with the current gen till the price drops.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:29 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4435

what are you talking about? i dont have mlb yet but NBA and NCAA hoops both look sick on the 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2006, 10:48 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 8

Bottom-line!! Madden has been lacking for years.

1. Player control is aweful - when running the ball the players seem out of your control and all moves (juke move for example) are delivered the same. There are basically zero escape moves for WR and RB's. On defense you can basically watch the game and really don't have to interact. Just call a good 'D' play and the game will perform by its self.

2. Gang Tackling - Isn't it about time the almighty EA implemented gang tackling. This one on one crap is crazy. I want to see folks get grabbed and dragged down by a few folks, like 2K.

3. Passing Game and receiving game - flat out weak. Can we please stop the same old jump catching by every WR. God darn it!!! No body seems to every catch a pass in stride!! WTF!!

4. Graphics - Even on the 360 the player model graphics are off. Lets get real.

I have more, but I don't want to beat a dead horse.

I can tell you this, EA is going to pull the old jack azz move on the consumer. They are going to add back in the items they did not have in the 360 version and call it a new game. Then they are going to add some gimmick to sell the game. But, essentially nothing will change. Fools Gold!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »