Home

XBox Version - Good and bad ?

This is a discussion on XBox Version - Good and bad ? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 6
XBox Version - Good and bad ?

I've been playing NCAA for a while and want to get back to Madden. I know the atmosphere in ncaa is much better but what about game play ? Could someone answer the following -

Stats engine - Is there a fix and what are the problems ?

Gameplay - What is good and bad and how does it compare to ncaa ?

Franchise - Any problems in this mode and fixes ?

I guess what I want to know really is whether its worth playing a single player franchise and putting in the time ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: XBox Version - Good and bad ?

Yeah, madden for xbox is awesome. Personally i dont think there are any problems with it, its just that complete. Franchise mode is awesome and the gameplay is completely variable so if u want to play a harder difficulty, just set it so. Also, there are awesome sliders for the game, such as the ones posted by Playmakers. I really recommend this game. it is worth playing a single player franchise and putting in the time.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenbagamer
Yeah, madden for xbox is awesome. Personally i dont think there are any problems with it, its just that complete. Franchise mode is awesome and the gameplay is completely variable so if u want to play a harder difficulty, just set it so. Also, there are awesome sliders for the game, such as the ones posted by Playmakers. I really recommend this game. it is worth playing a single player franchise and putting in the time.
It's somewhere between good and very good but to say it's so complete that there are no problems with it? I think not.

The biggest issue is that the CPU has a very hard time passing efficiently. This is somewhat helped by using a second controller to start the CPU team as a player team and then turning off the vision passing for the CPU team before switching it back to CPU control. Still, you'll see the CPU un the 45%-50% passing range too often.

You cannot return punts because defenders are on your guy before he catches and if you don't fair catch it's usually a fumble. This was bad in 2005, it is worse in 2006.

The sim stats engine is not something I care about but since you asked, I remember there was an outrage when the game came out. You can dig up the forum to find documentation of the problems and potential solutions.

Besides those, it's quite an enjoyable game. Franchise mode is as good as ever, though it hasn't changed since 2005. Still, I find the PC version much better and since it's cheaper as well, I'd go with that if you have a decent computer.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:44 PM   #4
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

There are problems with it, but it's not terrible.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 03-27-2006, 11:36 PM   #5
MVP

U should get it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2006, 12:14 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

NCAA will always be the best. But if you life pro pick up Madden.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:44 AM   #7
MVP

wats so good about NCAA?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:40 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenbagamer
wats so good about NCAA?
There's more atmosphere. There are more styles of play that make for a greater variety of games. The replay value is great cause playing in the Mountain West is nothing like playing in ACC and so on. In the NFL, all teams pretty much play the same style, with a few variations. The schemes are much more varied in the college game. Any and all losses will affect your post-season prospects. Of course this can happen in Madden too if you're on the bubble for the playoffs. Also, many people prefer recruiting rather than trades and free agents with a salary cap to manage.

With that said, if college football does nothing for you and you are strictly an NFL fan than you'd be better off with Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »