Home

If _________ isn't in Madden 07, I'll be Upset

This is a discussion on If _________ isn't in Madden 07, I'll be Upset within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2006, 10:05 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: If _________ isn't in Madden 07, I'll be Upset

This year is going to be the real test for EA football. It should be obvious if EA is slacking or at least striving to make a decent game. The probability for sim football next generation is really not very good with no competition for at least the next five years. It would not surprise me if in five years there is still no gang tackling, the same lame tackling animations, poor AI, and lack of player interaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2006, 10:16 PM   #42

OVR: 34

This game needs major improvements. Sure the players look nice, but even the graphics got repetitive very fast. The animations are almost zombie like. What amazes me is they put a $59.99 price tag on it and people put out the money for it.

For too long, this game has gotten by with, "Yeah, but it's Madden." to sell copies. It's time to fill in the blanks with some major upgrades.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:08 AM   #43

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I've had this very argument with my brother. If you can look at the replay before you challenge then you will know for sure if you should replay it or not. In football video games, we have'nt reached the point yet where the physics of bodies in motion are true to real life. So there are only a few scenarios that can be implemented that require the user to catch the flaw. The way its done now is a perfect way of doing it. Looking at the replay in the game will give away the call thus saving your red flags. Think about it.
I can see what your talking about but at the same time thats why I was also mentioning maybe something like having one of the coordinators tell you whether or not you should challenge, and then use that to help judge. Another scenerio would be to have the players tell you, and base whether or not they are right on their awareness or something to that effect, just an idea is all.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:38 AM   #44
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
What are a few things that, if EA doesn't implement, you'll be upset about? I know people will talk a lot about the missing features...but is there anything else gameplay wise, graphics wise, player model wise, franchise mode wise, atmoshere wise etc, that you think, by now in 2006-2007, they should definitely have implemented.

This is especially for the XBOX 360/PS3 version where they have more power and space to EA's advantage...
For me, it's a question of adding the basics: practice mode, mini-games, player editing, etc. Do all that, and I will spring for a 360 this year. Fail to do so, and I will continue to play the current gen version.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:42 AM   #45
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
Halftime Show

Madden 92 had this...no other Madden since has.
To me, this sort of thing falls under the category of "things to add after you get the basics right". If EA were to add a fully implemented ESPN halftime show this year, while leaving out things like player edting and create a player, I for one would not be pleased.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #46
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Practice Squad
IR not taking up a roster spot

Those are the two biggest things I would like to see. I've been fairly pleased with Madden over the years.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 03-29-2006, 05:31 PM   #47
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
I can see what your talking about but at the same time thats why I was also mentioning maybe something like having one of the coordinators tell you whether or not you should challenge, and then use that to help judge. Another scenerio would be to have the players tell you, and base whether or not they are right on their awareness or something to that effect, just an idea is all.

Nice idea, I love it.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 3

Realistic Sim Engine.

Real tacking physics.

Better camera angles.

Better AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »