Home

"NFL Head Coach"-a possible glimpse of Madden's future?

This is a discussion on "NFL Head Coach"-a possible glimpse of Madden's future? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
"NFL Head Coach"-a possible glimpse of Madden's future?

In a preview of NFLHC over at MaddenNation, it was stated that the game includes a number of new player attributes:
Quote:
New QB attributes: Accuracy short, accuracy medium, accuracy long, playaction pass, throw on run.

New HB attributes: None

New FB attributes: None

New WR attributes: Route accuracy, route cuts, press avoidance.

New TE attributes: Route accuracy, route cuts, press avoidance.

New OL attributes: None

New DL attributes: Play recognition

New LB attributes: Play recognition, coverage zone, coverage man

New DB attributes: Coverage man, coverage zone, play recognition, press.

New K/P attributes: None
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: "NFL Head Coach"-a possible glimpse of Madden's future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
In a preview of NFLHC over at MaddenNation, it was stated that the game includes a number of new player attributes:

Since NFLHC's on-field gameplay uses the Madden engine, is it possible that some or all of these could be included in future versions of Madden as well? If so, which would you be most interested in?
Everyone of those attributes would great to see..
Old 04-01-2006, 11:28 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

I wouuld say they would all be in there. And that's a great first start although I was hoping more for the offensive linemen. But since this series has been so simplistic relying primarily on speed and awr for so long, ANY improvements are great. See if they had done this awhile ago, then they would not have needed to rely on things like the "cone" for the 2006 game to determine QB accuracy. The idea of making your QB turn his head and look at the WR was great, but having that cone on the field did not look right for TV Style presentation football.

Hopefully next year the offensive linemen will get attributes like

Explosion
Run Block
Pass Block
Pull and Trap
Extension and Hands

Maybe for Dline they could add next year

Pad Level
Break Block
Explosion

Anyways this is a good step in the right direction to eliminate the carbon copyish feel.
Old 04-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I wouuld say they would all be in there. And that's a great first start although I was hoping more for the offensive linemen. But since this series has been so simplistic relying primarily on speed and awr for so long, ANY improvements are great. See if they had done this awhile ago, then they would not have needed to rely on things like the "cone" for the 2006 game to determine QB accuracy. The idea of making your QB turn his head and look at the WR was great, but having that cone on the field did not look right for TV Style presentation football.

Explosion
Run Block
Pass Block
Pull and Trap
Extension and Hands

Pad Level
Break Block
Explosion

Anyways this is a good step in the right direction to eliminate the carbon copyish feel.
Run Block and Pass Block are already attributes in Madden.

All the new attribues listed in the first post would definitely be wecome additions. More position specific attributes have been needed for a long time
Old 04-01-2006, 04:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNGold
Run Block and Pass Block are already attributes in Madden.

All the new attribues listed in the first post would definitely be wecome additions. More position specific attributes have been needed for a long time

Ooops I meant

Pull and Trap
Explosion
Extension/Hands

I was thinking something else when adding run and pass block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2006, 10:56 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

Explosion
Run Block
Pass Block
Pull and Trap
Extension and Hands

Pad Level
Break Block
Explosion

Some of those sound pretty good, i dont think that the Oline needs anything else really except for pull and trap, i think extension and hands go good enough in pass/run blok and strength, explosion might be a good addition but im not sure how you would impliment it especially with Acceleration already there seems good enough to me.

Would have liked a Composure/consistency attribute for QBs, would have been nice to show the difference between a QB with all the physical tools like Dante Cullpepper, and a QB with all that you need (Tom Brady)

Also a Finess/power move attribute should have been added for the backs, and maybe an intensity stat for all players that makes them come up with big plays. Play recognition sounds like awareness but hey its a start
Old 04-07-2006, 06:37 AM   #7
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Some of those sound pretty good, i dont think that the Oline needs anything else really except for pull and trap, i think extension and hands go good enough in pass/run blok and strength, explosion might be a good addition but im not sure how you would impliment it especially with Acceleration already there seems good enough to me.
There's a difference between coming off quickly and coming off strong, and that's the difference between acceleration and explosion.

I honestly think it should be three ratings... Explosiveness (Basically hip strength out of stance) , Acceleration (Speed from stance to normal running speed) , and Burst (time from normal running speed to full sprint speed).
Old 04-07-2006, 07:11 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

I added Extension and hands as an attribute that should compliment run and pass blocking. I'm thinking run blocking should only show leverage, control and balance and pass blocking only display feet, setup and mirroring and how well the lineman adjusts in space. But Extension and hands is how well the lineman gets seperation and keeps the defender at bay with his arm length. Some linemen could have good run and pass block ratings but do a bad job of keeping the defender at bay. They may mirror the defender well and adjust to him well in pass blocking but not do a good job of keeping him at bay. The scouting combine has drills where all this stuff is assessed. There is one drill where they examine the feet and how well the lineman mirrors. There is a different drill where the lineman has to keep the defender at bay using his extension and hands. Some guys excel in the first one, but do not do so well in the next one.

Either way I'm just glad they are adding stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »