Home

Things you LIKED about Madden 06 for Xbox 360

This is a discussion on Things you LIKED about Madden 06 for Xbox 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2006, 12:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Things you LIKED about Madden 06 for Xbox 360

I guess I'm in the minority here in that I didn't expect too many features to be in the game in the first place, seeing as they had to basically remake the entire game, and I'm pleased with the game as a whole, because I realize that it's not supposed to be the final product.

Anyway, instead of all the bashing, what are some things you actually liked about the game, that you would like to see back in '07?

Preferrably specific, lesser-known things, instead of things like the graphics, animations, sound, etc.

There was a lot I liked about the game, but these are of the specific, lesser-known type.

---

I really liked the "run/pass commit" thing--flick the right stick up or down to commit to either.

I liked the ability to manually stack the line in pre-snap defense.

I loved the menus. Very clean and easy to read, and organized. Also the "quick stats" thing in the pause menu.

I liked the general cleanliness and professional feel of the game. Previous Maddens were too in-your-face and cluttered.

I liked the individual QB voices--really makes you feel like you're "in the game."

Same with the camera, and the shots of the coaches on the sidelines. Achieved the same effect.

I loved the play-calling system. This is a definite keeper.

I liked what happens when a player gets injured. Although I do miss the ambulance running the guy over from Madden 99.

I liked the fact flys and corners actually work now.

I liked how the pre-snap process on both sides was more or less done with the A and B buttons, in more of a classic menu style, as opposed to the triggers & right stick thing.

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting right now, this is off the top of my head.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2006, 04:51 PM   #2

OVR: 34
Re: Things you LIKED about Madden 06 for Xbox 360

It's hard for me. I don't want to bash the game. Heck, Madden got me back into gaming in the late 90's. I guess I'd have to say what I liked about 360 Madden was the idea that they can build on it and make it great. Will they do that..I'm not sure.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

I liked the atmosphere and the detail on the stadiums.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:29 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 4

U know a game sucks when u have to say things like, "I love the menus"...haha.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:14 AM   #5
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Hmm, I like that I sold it on ebay for $40 last month.

Seriously it was a total piss poor effort by EA and the next Madden better be the best or I'm going to stop playing Madden and stick to NCAA.

Not saying that there weren't some good ideas in the game, it's just graphics w/o content and replayability = Diakatana.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

I really liked...um...er.......................uh, I'll have to get back to you on that.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:49 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I liked that EA's arrogance finally caught up to them. You sign an exclusive deal, the level of expectation increases dramatically. Not even the Madden Kool Aid drinkers were able to trick themselves into thinking this game was quality. The graphics are a good start but much, MUCH more was expected. As usual, the "wait until 07" buzz has started but with EA's track record, I won't hold my breath.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #8
MVP

forensicd's Arena

OVR: 21

I can honestly, without a doubt, say that there was nothing i liked about madden 360. It was abismal to say the least. EA should be ashamed of it, as it was without a doubt the most anticipated launch game, but all it did was lay a big wet turd. If this was the basis of all other maddens coming down the line, might as well say goodbye to video game football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »