Home

Shaun Alexander - Madden 07 Coverboy

This is a discussion on Shaun Alexander - Madden 07 Coverboy within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-21-2006, 11:40 AM   #41
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Shaun Alexander - Madden 07 Coverboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
My boy Alexander is on the cover!!!

Well deserved.

Does this mean EA will get the Seahawks uni's right this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 01:39 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 1

Old 04-21-2006, 04:06 PM   #43
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
Alot of people are worried about the jinx, who was the last cover athlete to not a have a jinx the following year?
Eddie George and Ray Lewis were not injured during the 'cover' year but they both were on the decline and have not played as well prior to being on the cover.

The same goes for Faulk. Culpepper rebounded the following year but faltered last year.

McNabb was having a decent year but lost his supporting cast and then was injured.
Old 04-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #44
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyc521
Eddie George and Ray Lewis were not injured during the 'cover' year but they both were on the decline and have not played as well prior to being on the cover.

The same goes for Faulk. Culpepper rebounded the following year but faltered last year.

McNabb was having a decent year but lost his supporting cast and then was injured.
Whistling past the graveyard, perhaps? Just keep telling yourself "it won't happen to us, it won't happen to us..."
Old 04-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #45
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Whistling past the graveyard, perhaps? Just keep telling yourself "it won't happen to us, it won't happen to us..."
Right...cause everything I wrote in response to someone's question was just a plee for help because I'm afraid of the curse.

Seattle has a lot of things going for it, and that includes Shaun Alexander. Losing your HB isn't as bad as losing your QB. Ask any team that loses their starting QB and see how they think they'll fare; then ask them the same thing but replace QB with HB. The Seahawks showed they can win big games without Shaun [Playoff game against the Redskins].

It's not something I'm in favor of doing since Shaun is my favorite player...but the Seahawks survived major injuries to their secondary and their WR-Core and they made out okay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #46
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Attaway Shaun. First NCAA now Madden.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 04-21-2006, 06:55 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not trying to start any drama. plus i'm african american too, but ever since the year 2000 when they started to put athletes on the madden cover, all of them have been african american, i mean you got guys out there like big ben, tom brady, payten manning, brian urlacher, etc..all these guys get the spotlight all the time when you see them on sportcenter or any other sports show, i wonder do these guys turn down the offer to be on madden or they never get asked in the first place, again, not trying to start no drama but i was just curious on this matter.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:18 PM   #48
Go Ravens

ravensfan52's Arena

OVR: 3

Does anyone else notice that there is no sign of ESPN anywhere on the cover? I mean with MVP NCAA BAseball you had the little espn logo on the box. I just remember them saying that madden 07 would be the first year with full espn presentation etc. You would think it would be somewhere on the box. Anyway congrats to Shaun, the way he runs is an art and he makes it look so easy. He is right in his prime and another MVP year is very possible. Everyone else look out, Jamal Lewis is coke free and running on a healthy ankle this year. Just remember what he did in '03...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »