Home

So, the running game is supposed to be the focus this year

This is a discussion on So, the running game is supposed to be the focus this year within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2006, 07:55 AM   #33
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: So, the running game is supposed to be the focus this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVICK
Can I be honest fellas. Im not sure if the rest of you feel this way..but Im not optomistic on Madden 07. Ive been conditioned over the years to expect to be disappointed by EAs Madden product. I mean..the graphics are good..but they are by no means perfect for Next Gen standards..every player...even kickers look like Conan the barbarian..wouldnt it be more realistic if players like Mariman and Porter were on swol..but others like chubby McNabb and others were a lot less cut? I wish they would go for the photo realistic look and not the cartoon realistic look...but thats just me. Also...presentation needs a TON of work...cut scenes, half time show..real high lights....tv style replays etc...also...CONTROL or lack there of is far and away the BIGGEST problem with this version of Madden on the 360...then no more mo caps..they need real physics plus more intelligent blocking schematics..there is so much work that needs to be done before we can call Madden a good game that I am super doubtful that EA will get to even half of these issues...then there is the biggest problem..without competition..the truth is...EA doesnt have to improve the game if they dont want to...the sales will still sky rocket...people will buy just becaus they need an NFL fix...even if the game is...what the Italians call..crapola. ok..thats my 2 cents...anyone else in this same depressing frame of mind? oh..and EA ..if you are reading this..please..prove me wrong.
If we ever get a Madden game close to the improvements you suggested,my grandkids will probly be playing it.

Old 04-25-2006, 02:57 PM   #34
JVG
Rookie

OVR: 3

I strongly believe that the cpu's a.i. should be better. I just hate it when the cpu calls an offensive play with three or so seconds remaining. It's not like they are going to snap the ball with some few seconds remaining.

NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

NFL: San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
Old 04-25-2006, 03:38 PM   #35
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVG
I strongly believe that the cpu's a.i. should be better. I just hate it when the cpu calls an offensive play with three or so seconds remaining. It's not like they are going to snap the ball with some few seconds remaining.
I was playing the Madden demo..The eagles ran a hurry up offense & were on my 2 qith 7 seconds..Did the Eagles call a TO? NO.. Did they hurry to get a play off? NO..They just stood still till the time ran out..No amount of features can deaden that kind of disappointment..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2006, 04:15 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
I was playing the Madden demo..The eagles ran a hurry up offense & were on my 2 qith 7 seconds..Did the Eagles call a TO? NO.. Did they hurry to get a play off? NO..They just stood still till the time ran out..No amount of features can deaden that kind of disappointment..
I had the same kind of disappointment in that regards last year the first time I played NFL2K5. I played for an hour and was just starting to enjoy the game and then that happened and I came crashing back to earth in a bad way. I guess the incidents like this are why I tend to play more online than vs the CPU although that mode has it's own horror stories.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-25-2006, 06:49 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I had the same kind of disappointment in that regards last year the first time I played NFL2K5. I played for an hour and was just starting to enjoy the game and then that happened and I came crashing back to earth in a bad way. I guess the incidents like this are why I tend to play more online than vs the CPU although that mode has it's own horror stories.
& in Madden/2k when the AI is down late in the 4th quarter..The QB just throws 5-10 yards passes..Like there is no sense of urgency..That always bothered me.. I know that can be fixed..But will they?

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #38
JVG
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm really hoping they fix that problem because it's really annoying. EA should not have more excuses.

NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

NFL: San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
Old 04-25-2006, 11:56 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVG
I'm really hoping they fix that problem because it's really annoying. EA should not have more excuses.
My main issue aside from these types of things is that teams play like the real life teams. When I play vs the Chiefs for example I want to have to stop LJ. When I play vs the Colts I want to have to stop a coordinated passing attack with some Edge....er...nevermind about that last part, heh.

They need to make the teams tailored to how the real life teams play alot more I think is my main thing, then playing vs the CPU would be far more enjoyable.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 2

My biggest question is, is EA even aware at how dismal the Madden franchise has become? Is there enough praise out there and high sales to drown out our grumblings? Has EA issued an apology or statement about this lousy game? They appear to be mum on the whole subject...their frame of mind right now will give us insight as to what to expect..if they are preaching. "YES...Madden on next gen has been a HUGE success" then they are not in the same boat as we are and think they are doing fine...OR..if they admit...Madden was rushed and unfinished and the day after it launched we began working vigorously on Madden 07 and havent stopped since....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »