Home

Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2006, 12:07 PM   #9
MVP

HitDoctor's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Madden Info!....

To each, his own.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #10
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
No way will I sit in front of my tube herking and jerking my arm and wrist around as if I was on crack. It sounds good on paper but if you were to imagine yourself "making a throwing gesture with the free hand controller", you'd look silly...I'm not knocking the Rev but this sounds flat out stupid.
...but sitting in a room by yourself talking into a headset to someone else looks normal to the outside observer.

I, for one, am intrigued by how the Revolution is going to work. Think about how people first played Super Mario Bros. with the ol' NES controller. Every time they'd make Mario jump, they'd move the controller up in the air. To run away from something....they'd lean the controller to a side. Not much different now....but now it will mean something.

Go Badgers!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #11
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
considering this is how most games will use the controller, it's safe to say your interest level in the system is next to none.

You're satisfied with the status quo, I personally am looking forward to something different.

With the PS3/360 it's getting ridicolous, lookie I can see the fertilizer in the grass...if someone is that particular they might as well attend real games.

LOL. I just dont think it will work well for a football game. I understand the concept and I'm sure the Rev will execute it properly, it just seems silly flicking my wrist around controlling various maneuvers.

Check this out. Put your cell phone in your left hand and hold your mouse in your right. Hold the mouse exactly like the free hand controller is sopposed to be. Now picture yourself sitting confortably in your chair doing a pass play. Now try a running play. Now try kicking. You see how amazingly stupid you feel.

I can honestly see how some games will work but it'll be tough for sports games...except baseball....or bowling. Matter of fact, they should make a kicass bowling game. I'd buy that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2006, 12:12 PM   #12
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
...but sitting in a room by yourself talking into a headset to someone else looks normal to the outside observer.

I, for one, am intrigued by how the Revolution is going to work.

I'm not exactly doing the lean wit it, rock wit it dance with my hands while playing ethier.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #13
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

It sounds a bit silly for someone sitting at home, but it sounds like it would be fun with a couple of buddies at an arcade. I do applaud Nintendo for thinking outside the box. Even with all the hoopla over High Def, sports video games in general are starting to bore me. This sucks because it has been a hobby of my for over 20 years (damn, I am getting old...lol).
Old 04-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Sounds like EA is "testing" out new aspects of the game on a safe new system much like they did with the garbage on the 360 version.

Better to screw up an expansion version though than to mess with the Xbox and PS2 versions imo.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
I'm sorry yall, but this sounds gay. No way will I sit in front of my tube herking and jerking my arm and wrist around as if I was on crack. It sounds good on paper but if you were to imagine yourself "making a throwing gesture with the free hand controller", you'd look silly. The running game sounds even more stupid. I'm not knocking the Rev but this sounds flat out stupid.
I completely agree. The controller is supposed to break down barriers but my interest in getting this system went from slim to none after reading stuff like this. The only interest I had in it stemmed from the cheap price. Sports gaming will die a quick death on the "Wii" (arm motions down to below ground level with remote).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
LOL. I just dont think it will work well for a football game. I understand the concept and I'm sure the Rev will execute it properly, it just seems silly flicking my wrist around controlling various maneuvers.

Check this out. Put your cell phone in your left hand and hold your mouse in your right. Hold the mouse exactly like the free hand controller is sopposed to be. Now picture yourself sitting confortably in your chair doing a pass play. Now try a running play. Now try kicking. You see how amazingly stupid you feel.

I can honestly see how some games will work but it'll be tough for sports games...except baseball....or bowling. Matter of fact, they should make a kicass bowling game. I'd buy that.
I agree with you 100%. It sounds fun if you are 10 years old, but to a hardcore gamer; it sounds stupid. Yes, I agree that it is innovative and unique; so was that stupid vision cone idea. I have no faith in EA's ability to get anything right. Yeah it would be great if they could pull it off, but if you read the interview, they admit to porting their games in the past, when they would claim to have made the games unique to each console. They basically admitted to lying in the past, so why should we believe anything they say. I will wait and read the reviews after the game is out before I even think about buying it. Hey EA; JERK THIS!!! LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »