Home

Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2006, 09:56 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: New Madden Info!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erv
considering this is how most games will use the controller, it's safe to say your interest level in the system is next to none.

You're satisfied with the status quo, I personally am looking forward to something different.

With the PS3/360 it's getting ridicolous, lookie I can see the fertilizer in the grass...if someone is that particular they might as well attend real games.
Just because it's different doesn't mean its better..

"Players will hike the ball by mimicking a quarterback receiving the ball from the center, and then pass it to a receiver by making a throwing gesture with the free-hand controller. The faster the passing motion, the more of a bullet pass it becomes (in previous Madden editions, bullet passes were made by holding the passing button down longer).

Kicking the ball will be accomplished by sweeping the controller up as if it were a kicker's leg striking the ball. A fast, level swing will make for a hard, straight kick."
This will get old fast..If I wanted to mimick a QB reciving a ball I will play football with my friends

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-27-2006, 10:12 PM   #34
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeth
...but sitting in a room by yourself talking into a headset to someone else looks normal to the outside observer.

Yeah .....strangely enough i have a blue tooth headset that goes with my cell phone, looks like much of what you describe ...lol. just messin
Old 04-27-2006, 11:43 PM   #35
Older

luv_mist's Arena

OVR: 33

Dang....all the negative and ya'll don't even know if it's a feature that can be turned on and off. So much for the bashing. I like that they're innovating. This is a step forward towards having VR right within our homes like we've seen so many years ago. Everytime I play games like that, I get excited. Remember that movie that Denzell was in where he was chasing that guy in the VR and the guy found a way to "escape" into real reality? I dream of those expansions and this is only a small part of the advancement. Change isn't necessarily good, but it isn't necessarily bad. Yea, flailing your arms isn't "cool" in a room but having the ability to do something different and unique in a game does seem pretty appealing to me. I mean, I always complain about uniqueness in all types of games. I'm glad that they're finally taking steps to bring it to me.......
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2006, 11:45 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 11

it sounds stupid.

First off it sounds limited and hard. So how are you going to cover WRs andother def moves like, swat passes, strafe, try for pick, hit stick, clubbing and swims for the d-line.

Also, if moving it left and right is for juking, then how do you move left&right?

I mean Madden makes use out of all the buttons and it just doesnt seem like it could work, also...how long will this be fun? Part of playing games is relaxing and it doesn't sound too relaxing.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:00 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 1

mang, ya'll real negative

y don't u just wait and c what its all about b4 writing it off as the dumbest thing that u ever heard of.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:22 AM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_mist
Dang....all the negative and ya'll don't even know if it's a feature that can be turned on and off. So much for the bashing. I like that they're innovating. This is a step forward towards having VR right within our homes like we've seen so many years ago. Everytime I play games like that, I get excited. Remember that movie that Denzell was in where he was chasing that guy in the VR and the guy found a way to "escape" into real reality? I dream of those expansions and this is only a small part of the advancement. Change isn't necessarily good, but it isn't necessarily bad. Yea, flailing your arms isn't "cool" in a room but having the ability to do something different and unique in a game does seem pretty appealing to me. I mean, I always complain about uniqueness in all types of games. I'm glad that they're finally taking steps to bring it to me.......
Who cares if you can turn it off..The idea itself is lame..Nintendo has no clue what American gamers want..Thats why the Gamecube sold peanuts in the US..Instead of better graphics & HD resolution, lets make games a virtual workout..Lose then calories while playing madden..Cool..Ofcourse this will be big in Japan..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-28-2006, 07:18 AM   #39
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Better graphics and HD resolution...

*Yawn*

Why people are so afraid of something different is beyond me.

"Yay, let's keep upgrading graphics each time a new console comes out". Let's just assume our cosumers are idiots and don't really care about anything innovative and new".
Old 04-28-2006, 07:47 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Better graphics and HD resolution...

*Yawn*

Why people are so afraid of something different is beyond me.

"Yay, let's keep upgrading graphics each time a new console comes out". Let's just assume our cosumers are idiots and don't really care about anything innovative and new".
I'm with you, bro. I'm getting really sick and tired of all these OS'ers drinking so much

EA is clearly banking on the fact that a lot of people who have the Wii will also have either a PS3 or an XBox 360. I can see myself as someone who will own an XBox 360 AND a Wii. If that's the case, sure, I'll give this new way of playing Madden a shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »