Home

Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2006, 07:51 AM   #41
Erv
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: New Madden Info!....

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Just because it's different doesn't mean its better..

"Players will hike the ball by mimicking a quarterback receiving the ball from the center, and then pass it to a receiver by making a throwing gesture with the free-hand controller. The faster the passing motion, the more of a bullet pass it becomes (in previous Madden editions, bullet passes were made by holding the passing button down longer).

Kicking the ball will be accomplished by sweeping the controller up as if it were a kicker's leg striking the ball. A fast, level swing will make for a hard, straight kick."
This will get old fast..If I wanted to mimick a QB reciving a ball I will play football with my friends
I don't think it will take much to top the 360 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2006, 07:53 AM   #42
Erv
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
LOL. I just dont think it will work well for a football game. I understand the concept and I'm sure the Rev will execute it properly, it just seems silly flicking my wrist around controlling various maneuvers.

Check this out. Put your cell phone in your left hand and hold your mouse in your right. Hold the mouse exactly like the free hand controller is sopposed to be. Now picture yourself sitting confortably in your chair doing a pass play. Now try a running play. Now try kicking. You see how amazingly stupid you feel.

I can honestly see how some games will work but it'll be tough for sports games...except baseball....or bowling. Matter of fact, they should make a kicass bowling game. I'd buy that.
We'll shall see when they show the game.
Old 04-28-2006, 07:57 AM   #43
Erv
MVP

Quote:
Who cares if you can turn it off..The idea itself is lame..Nintendo has no clue what American gamers want..Thats why the Gamecube sold peanuts in the US..Instead of better graphics & HD resolution, lets make games a virtual workout..Lose then calories while playing madden..Cool..Ofcourse this will be big in Japan..
Actually Nintendo has been right. Online play did not sell systems and did not take off on xbox or PS2 and was a big reason why MS lost billions on the xbox. HD seems to be the same deal, people are grossly overhyping it when probably under 5% of gamers play regualry on HD.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:17 AM   #44
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Me personally...I think the controller is more suited for NFL Street. The game is more simplistic, where as Madden can be very complex with the controls. To me it would seem like a big hassle, though I will reserve judgement until I play.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:07 AM   #45
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Who cares if you can turn it off..The idea itself is lame. Nintendo has no clue what American gamers want..Thats why the Gamecube sold peanuts in the US..Instead of better graphics & HD resolution, lets make games a virtual workout..Lose then calories while playing madden..Cool..Ofcourse this will be big in Japan..
Umm....EA could have just ported their game over to the Wii, but instead, they are the ones changing the gameplay for the system. Just because it's there doesn't mean EA has to use all of the features.

Also, to the other post wondering how to move left and right, I'm assuming you'd just use the control pad on the controller like any other game. The "juking" of the controller replaces the shoulder buttons (the trigger underneath will probably spin).

Let's all just chill out until they demo it at E3 and get some first-hand reports. Until then, we're claiming the end of the world from just some lines of text.

Go Badgers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread

i'm looking forward to this. it'll be a nice change of pace after 27 years of using a controller ( yes-i'm very old)

My girlfriend already thinks i'm a dork. Wait till she sees me playing this!
Old 04-28-2006, 11:30 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 12

A whole weekend of Madden on Wii, come Monday morning Im sore as hell from moving around and ****.

Fat guys will hate this game with a passion. A video game that will make you work, please.

Who is gonna be the first to go to the doctor with a seperated shoulder from playing virtual football?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilateen
A whole weekend of Madden on Wii, come Monday morning Im sore as hell from moving around and ****.

Fat guys will hate this game with a passion. A video game that will make you work, please.

Who is gonna be the first to go to the doctor with a seperated shoulder from playing virtual football?
LOL!!! That is funny. LOL!!!! Great post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »