Home

Friday-Madden 07 exclusive

This is a discussion on Friday-Madden 07 exclusive within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Friday-Madden 07 exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by russell05
When you create a player, you actually build him up through a variety of mini-games, and the better you do in these Track & Field-like events, the better he'll play on Sunday. The cameras and look are like nothing you've seen from Madden in the past. When running the 40 (alternate pressing the right and left sticks down), you'll see the player running with a PIP window showing you his facial expressions as he motors. Hit a grove in your taps and you'll see a blur effect, helping your player sprint faster toward the finish. In the bench press, you're simultaneously pressing the sticks up and down to mimic arm movements, while slamming on the bumpers in between reps for added strength and stamina

But if the blocking up front is broken, there's no point in running the ball, even if you're leading the charge or spinning through tackles. That's why the team at Tiburon spent a lot of development time fixing the run blocking in the game.

just because they say they have fixed run blocking that does not mean suction blocking is gone. They have said they addressed run blocking before and suction blocking was the primary technique But I'll reserve judgement because I know they were given alot of information this go around to fix things in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2006, 08:47 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

speaking of create a player, i hope you can choose to actually make a player with certain stats and ratings. either that or have a helluva roster update bi weekly adding missing players into the game.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:48 PM   #43
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
why are the Cardinals still playing in Sun Devil Stadium? They are not playing there this year.
So where are they playing? I thought thier new Stadium would be finished by 2009 or 2010......
Old 05-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #44
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
So where are they playing? I thought thier new Stadium would be finished by 2009 or 2010......
In their new stadium in Glendale (west suburb).....it is already sold out for this coming season if you can believe that.

Not that it matters where they play.......they always seem to lose. www.arizonacardinals.com
Old 05-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryG
great, 3D grass...there goes any hope for a solid 60fps.

i guess ill have to wait for the horsepower of the ps3 before i buy a next gen madden.
You honestly think Madden will run 60FPS on the PS3? Seriously, ppl think Madden will be a whole new game on the PS3..Like EA is holding out to deliver the goods yo the PS3..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
In their new stadium in Glendale (west suburb).....it is already sold out for this coming season if you can believe that.

Not that it matters where they play.......they always seem to lose.
I hate how one endzone is completely seat less due to the retractable grass surface... definetly not a fan friendly stadium.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:58 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
just because they say they have fixed run blocking that does not mean suction blocking is gone. They have said they addressed run blocking before and suction blocking was the primary technique But I'll reserve judgement because I know they were given alot of information this go around to fix things in the game.
I like the new blocking feature, but it's a lil cheap on EA's part..Instead of fixing the blocking AI, the user much do it for them..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 05-05-2006, 08:59 PM   #48
Banned

arichzona's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
I hate how one endzone is completely seat less due to the retractable grass surface... definetly not a fan friendly stadium.
actually if you check out the 3-d seating chart on the website it looks pretty good......They really don't need end-zone seats unless it is so the opposing team can leap into the stands after scoring though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »