Home

"Both curren gen and next gen info of madden 07 right now."

This is a discussion on "Both curren gen and next gen info of madden 07 right now." within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #41
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: "Both curren gen and next gen info of madden 07 right now."

Nobody in here can form any type of sensible opinion of this game based on the information that has been released to this point....

Nobody...

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Nobody in here can form any type of sensible opinion of this game based on the information that has been released to this point....

Nobody...
I have to respectfully disagree. We can form a sensible opinion based on EA's inability to address our gameplay concerns in their previous games (Madden 02, 03, 04, 05, and 06).

Each year we give EA the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they will address some of our basic concerns, and they seem to ignore them. It is not just a few people complaining about different things; there are hundreds of people complaining about the same things for years (exp. suction blocking).

Obviously we are all football fans, and there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinions about something you enjoy, especially if the game has a history of failing to meet expectations. When EA releases statements regarding online Hall of Fame, and improved superstar mode, without addressing real issues with the gameplay, it is a natural response to form an opinion regarding what EA is focusing on (not suction blocking). They need to address gameplay issues first; and that is just my sensible and humble opinion .
Old 05-04-2006, 12:10 PM   #43
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
I have to respectfully disagree. We can form a sensible opinion based on EA's inability to address our gameplay concerns in their previous games (Madden 02, 03, 04, 05, and 06).

Each year we give EA the benefit of the doubt, and hope that they will address some of our basic concerns, and they seem to ignore them. It is not just a few people complaining about different things; there are hundreds of people complaining about the same things for years (exp. suction blocking).

Obviously we are all football fans, and there is nothing wrong with expressing your opinions about something you enjoy, especially if the game has a history of failing to meet expectations. When EA releases statements regarding online Hall of Fame, and improved superstar mode, without addressing real issues with the gameplay, it is a natural response to form an opinion regarding what EA is focusing on (not suction blocking). They need to address gameplay issues first; and that is just my sensible and humble opinion .
But, you'd be incorrect. You can't complain about a future game based on past games. You can theorize about what the future may hold, but you've not seen the game, not seen it in motion, not gotten opinions from people who have played a current build, and, most importantly, not played it yourself. Therefore, you are operating with ZERO concrete information about the current release.

Hardly sensible.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 05-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
That is BS. If my job gives me an assignment to complete, I will work late or bring the work home in order to complete it on time. I do not have the luxury of saying, I'm sorry Boss but I just did not have enough time to implement everything you requested; but I did finish 20% of what you asked Oh yeah, did you get by vacation request.
I get your point but there is a limit. Did you know that EA lost a class action lawsuit for working their employees 80-90 hours a week for long stretches without paying any overtime?

Personally I think it's more of a case of the execs not wanting to pay their employees to fix things when they don't really have to. I highly doubt the devs are sitting around doing nothing. They do what they are asked to.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:19 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 14

I like the idea that the superstar is the focus finally, thus making playing a defenise back or non-QB/RB position a reality.

The rest sounds good to me. I am glad the vision cone has been demoted to option status (without consequence, like last year, I assume), and it's nice to see them still working on the game for PS2.

It's too early for Madden hype, but I like what I'm reading so far. I missed Madden aside from a weeks playing time last year, so I am really looking forward to picking it up this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 12:20 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectralfan
I get your point but there is a limit. Did you know that EA lost a class action lawsuit for working their employees 80-90 hours a week for long stretches without paying any overtime?

Personally I think it's more of a case of the execs not wanting to pay their employees to fix things when they don't really have to. I highly doubt the devs are sitting around doing nothing. They do what they are asked to.
Wow. I did not know that. So basically, we have disgruntled employees working on the only available NFL and NCAA game. Classic
Old 05-04-2006, 12:39 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
But, you'd be incorrect. You can't complain about a future game based on past games. You can theorize about what the future may hold, but you've not seen the game, not seen it in motion, not gotten opinions from people who have played a current build, and, most importantly, not played it yourself. Therefore, you are operating with ZERO concrete information about the current release.

Hardly sensible.
Once again, it is just my sensible opinion. I hope that you are right and Madden 2007 is the greatest game of all time. Maybe I am wrong, but I thought that an opinion was based on a persons judgement, belief or estimation? Which are mainly based on a persons past and current interpretation/knowledge of an issue.

Maybe you already know that the game is going to be great I am sure that you know a lot more about the game at this stage than I do. I just want to be able to play a realistic game (or as close as possible).
Old 05-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Wow. I did not know that. So basically, we have disgruntled employees working on the only available NFL and NCAA game. Classic
I don't think they were the guys working on the football games. But I doubt there's anyone in the gaming industry, no matter the quality of their output, that can be blamed for not putting in the hours. From what I've read and heard, to be a game developper, you pretty much have to give up any idea of a 40-hour 9-to-5 job because it's extremely demanding and they're usually on yearly salaries without overtie pay for extra hours. The problem seems to be with the guys that decide what will or will not be done with that development time. EA seems bent on not investing the efforts and money to have its programmers implement the things we would all like to see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »