Home

OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!!

This is a discussion on OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-10-2006, 12:14 AM   #33
XBOXNATION

OVR:
Re: OHH MYYY...MADDEN PS3 WILL NOT BE A PORT!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
Propaganda ... exactly what history is there that shows that the 360 and the ps3 versions will be so much different??
By the looks of the grass on the ps3 version, madden 06 for 360 has better looking grass.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:31 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

PS3 models look more like the NFL 2k series to anyone else ?
Old 05-10-2006, 12:44 AM   #35
Gaming Fool.

PAPERNUT's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't think we will see much of a difference between the 2 systems, but if we do then I guess Sony paid EA more and MS was busy paying Rockstar for GTA. Thats just the way business goes!
Twitter
YouTube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2006, 12:56 AM   #36
MVP

OVR: 8

deejay has been carrying Sony's water for quite some time over on the Madden Nation boards. I'm not surprised to see him double-posting over here.

Anyway, this is great, great silliness. The games are going to be functionally identical. There are going to be two major differences- The 360 version is going to be out in August a.k.a. for football season, and it's going to be playable on a system that is $100-200 cheaper. Beyond that, you're signing up for the same experience.

But deejay is going to stand online like a bobblehead come November and be happily parted from his $600, and that's fine. It's his money.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:09 AM   #37
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Please read the articles I posted via links before making dumb comments....
So please do explain, oh wise one, where in that whole quote by Chiang he says that all that stuff is PS3 exclusive. He CLEARLY says this is for Next-Gen....last I checked, that includes THREE systems, 360, PS3 and the Wii. If somewhere in ANY of the answers by Chiang he mentions that something TANGIBLE will be PS3 exclusive, and not just "something we will announce very soon", point it out to me so I can grovel at your feet as THE source for exclusive EA info.

Do not belittle me. I don't make dumb comments. Quite the contrary. My posts are well thought out. But if you find yourself spacing out reading my replies after a sentence or two, please move on and talk down at someone else.

That's all you'll get outta me. Fanboys aren't worth my time.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:14 AM   #38
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmac
deejay has been carrying Sony's water for quite some time over on the Madden Nation boards. I'm not surprised to see him double-posting over here.

Anyway, this is great, great silliness. The games are going to be functionally identical. There are going to be two major differences- The 360 version is going to be out in August a.k.a. for football season, and it's going to be playable on a system that is $100-200 cheaper. Beyond that, you're signing up for the same experience.

But deejay is going to stand online like a bobblehead come November and be happily parted from his $600, and that's fine. It's his money.
I completely agree with you.

Again, am I the only one that thinks blind brand name fanboyism is about the dumbest thing ever?
Old 05-10-2006, 01:43 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I completely agree with you.

Again, am I the only one that thinks blind brand name fanboyism is about the dumbest thing ever?

I agree that fanboyism is dumb and it is very likely that the game play will be the same for the PS3 and XBOX360.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:54 AM   #40
Meatball

OVR:

I'm just posing a question or two. Lets say for sh*ts and giggles the PS3 version is clearly better. Will it matter if people choose the PS3 Madden versus the 360 Madden? Lets say many folks do not get the PS3 because they can't afford it, I'm sure they will get Madden on the other consoles right? There is no other football choice. EA will get the money regardless.

So who's to say the PS3 can't clearly be better? Its not like EA can lose here. Just playing devil's advocate here. Just so you know this is coming from someone who has a 360 and will probably still ONLY have a 360 until late 2007.

I'm not saying that one will be better than the other for sure, I'm just throwing something out there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »